If you met Tom Selleck what is 1 question you would ask him?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Artie Canoe
Captain

#16 Post by Artie Canoe »

Yeah I'd really like to hear his take on the character
"I forgot my loincloth and spear." - Luther H. Gillis

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Frodoleader »

I probably would ask any questions, but probably thank him for so many years of enjoyment of MPI, Jesse Stone and his other work.
But, I would most definitely ask if I could have a picture taken with him!!!
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by MPS »

I think I would ask him how he really feels, after all this time, about having to turn down the role of Indiana Jones. It's such a great thing that he honored his MPI contract, but I wonder if it doesn't bother him more than he lets on.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#19 Post by N1095A »

Frodoleader wrote:I probably would ask any questions, but probably thank him for so many years of enjoyment of MPI, Jesse Stone and his other work.
But, I would most definitely ask if I could have a picture taken with him!!!
You're most likely right. I think I'd be too starstruck to think up any question that sounded reasonable. After regaining my ability to speak, I'd probably thank him just as you said. By the way, I hear he's very good about having his photo taken with fans. If you treat him with respect, he'll bend over backwards for you. At least that's what I hear.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by lutherhgillis »

Selleck would not have been as good an Indiana Jones as Harrison Ford. Just like Magnum would not have worked without Selleck, Indiana Jones would not have been great without Harrison. We cannot just assume that the same outcomes would have been achieved from the Raiders movies with different lead roles just like we cannot assume MPI would have been as great without TS as the lead.

Back to the Future without MJF and Christopher Lloyd? No! It would not have worked...