If you met Tom Selleck what is 1 question you would ask him?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

If you met Tom Selleck what is 1 question you would ask him?

#1 Post by Italian Ice »

I've met a few actors and athletes when I worked in my dads restaurant in the 90's, which was doing very well for a city like Vancouver. I asked a few questions when I had the chance to sit down with them, usually after hours. Tom was in town a few times but he didn't come in to my knowledge and it seems that many of us haven't seen him in person.

If you met Tom somewhere, anywhere, what is one question you would ask him? Could be anything.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#2 Post by Tom_Magnum »

I would ask him to give me an autograph and to take me to Hawaii so I could see the Anderson Estate. :oops:

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Miss Q »

'Will you Marry me' comes to mind.....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

I have always wondered, but this may be too personal to ask, if he still has any contact with his first wife Jackie Ray since he adopted her son Kevin and did Kevin ever want to get into acting?

How is John Hillerman doing, and is he in any condtion to be called back to play Higgins if the movie was made with the original cast.

Who was his favorite female guest star......(I'm betting he would say Carol Burnett)

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#5 Post by Italian Ice »

Ha ha, some funny questions would be asked for sure and he’s an open guy as seen on TV interviews. If I was sitting across a table with him:

I would ask him what his hobbies are and what he does when he’s not in the middle of making anything.

I would also ask him how I can grow a mustache like he had, since I have a decade until I reach 40 and I can easily do it!

Finally, if I can keep a straight face, I would say “Thomas”, then lean forward and say “Did you see the sunrise this morning?” I don’t think I could keep a straight face and do that though.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by lutherhgillis »

I would talk to him about western movies, John Wayne, MPI, friendships, sports, and politics. He once said he is a fiscal conservative and a social libertarian. So am I...

Oh yea, I would also invite him along to get a chilidog and a long neck.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#7 Post by Agatha »

OK, so here comes the hokey old broad...

I think the thing I'd most like to know about Tom Selleck is...is he happy? Probably another question that's too personal but when you think a lot of someone...and their body of work...and are accustomed to hearing their voice in your home at all hours of the day and night...

I just want him to be, that's all.

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Miss Q »

Steve,

His son Kevin is actually on a top band, sorry cant think of the name right now.... Kevin, however uses a stage name
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

Miss Q wrote:Steve,

His son Kevin is actually on a top band, sorry cant think of the name right now.... Kevin, however uses a stage name
Thanks, Miss Q.........He did say on Rachel Ray today that his son has given him 6 (six!) grandchildren.........

SUNSHINE43
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#10 Post by SUNSHINE43 »

Tom's son is in a band called The Revisionists. His stage name is Kevin Shepherd. He also used this name in college. For privacy sake, I would imagine.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Steve »

SUNSHINE43 wrote:Tom's son is in a band called The Revisionists. His stage name is Kevin Shepherd. He also used this name in college. For privacy sake, I would imagine.
Wow...Great info Sunshine and thanks......
Our little Kevin from the flashback bleachers scene in "Infinity and Jelly Donuts" is all grown up, and not a bad little toe tapper of a song if I do say so.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUMUJXSgHzg

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by lutherhgillis »

I would ask, "Hey Bub, why on earth did you consent to doing such a lame crossover as Murder She Wrote?"

Then again, a buck is a buck and a dame is a dame...

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#13 Post by N1095A »

lutherhgillis wrote:I would ask, "Hey Bub, why on earth did you consent to doing such a lame crossover as Murder She Wrote?"

Then again, a buck is a buck and a dame is a dame...
:lol: :lol: Why did you always take crap from the butler? :lol: :lol:
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Artie Canoe
Captain

#14 Post by Artie Canoe »

Maybe ask him what he believed happend to TM after the finale.
"I forgot my loincloth and spear." - Luther H. Gillis

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#15 Post by N1095A »

Artie Canoe wrote:Maybe ask him what he believed happend to TM after the finale.
That's a GREAT one. I don't think he's been asked that in any interview. Even when talking about MPI.
"But Higgins, I can explain."