Magnum's shades

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lt. Cook
Commander

Magnum's shades

#1 Post by Lt. Cook »

We all know about Magnum's aviators, but in several episodes in the first four seasons he wore some sunglasses that I'd love someone to I.D. They are "sport" sunglasses (plastic frames) with cable temples (wrap around the ear). He often wore them surfskiing. Anybody got a clue on these?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

They look like shades that were popular when I was in seventh grade. I had a pair that were similar. They had a leather wrap where the blinder was. Obviously mine weren't as expensive as Magnum's, but I thought they were cool because they were like his.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Steve »

I had a pair back then as well. I did a search a couple of years ago for some new ones, and the only ones I found were at Sporting Goods sites for Mountain Climbers, and they have gotten expensive!

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by perfectlykevin »

Search campmor.com or REI (or your fav. outdoor store) under glacier glasses. Careful though they are extremely dark. I wouldn't wear them for driving. :)

Kev

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Didn't TM say his cost $150 when that boat capsized his surf ski in Home From The Sea?