Novel Connection - UK DVD anomaly

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

g053584398
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Novel Connection - UK DVD anomaly

#1 Post by g053584398 »

It seems that sometimes when it comes to the UK editions of some of Universal's TV on DVD releases, there are minor differences from the US versions.

I recall that the A-Team episode The Bend in the River was the original feature length version on the US DVD sets, whereas on the UK release we were given the two part syndicated version.

Anyway, I digress! On the UK DVD set of the seventh season of Magnum, instead of the originally broadcast version of the episode Novel Connection, which ends with Magnum being accused of murder and therefore leads to the Murder She Wrote crossover episode Magnum on Ice, we are presented with the syndicated version which wraps up the story without the need for the crossover episode!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hi,

I assume this is because the Murder, She Wrote crossover episode is not included in the DVD. If the crossover episode is not included, it would make sense that they would use the syndicated version. Maybe they had some licensing issues with the MSW episode in the UK?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#3 Post by Tom_Magnum »

Wow, that's pretty amazing, I never knew that. And yes g053584398, The A-Team Season 3 of The Bend in the River is the orignial syndication episode but on the case reads "Part 1 and Part 2".

g053584398
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#4 Post by g053584398 »

What makes this error even crazier is the fact that the Murder She Wrote crossover episode, Magnum on Ice, is in fact included in UK DVD set!

That makes no sense at all!