Hawaii bound

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lily
Fleet Admiral

Hawaii bound

#1 Post by Lily »

Leaving next week for Hawaii and while on Oahu wondered if there is anything anyone wanted me to check out at the Estate, or Magnum locations?

Aloha!

Carmen
MPI

#2 Post by Carmen »

Calm down, Carmen and repeat: I am NOT jealous, I am NOT jealous...

Okay, better :lol: please take many pictures, Lily, can`t wait to see where you`ve been there
Have fun!!
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Lily, enjoy the trip! Drink a Coops for all of us.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Frodoleader »

Take me with you!!!!

:D

:cry:
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Lily, you must be stoked!

If you see Ms. Anderson at the estate, try to start up a friendly conversation with her. Be sure to work in this important question - "What is that concrete "slab" in the tidal pool for??" ;)

If you find yourself in the Nuuanu Valley, maybe snap some pics of the Walker Estate (used in 8 episodes) and the Marks Estate (second KKC location - on Old Pali Road)? Or, if you are feeling adventuresome, maybe find Kapena Falls (the "swimming hole" in "The Treasure of Kalanoipu'u")?

Maybe check out what Hotel Street is like these days? Have a brew at Smith's Union Bar? ;)

If you like cats, you might want to check out the "kitty peninsula" at He'eia State Park, home of Ito in "Billy Joe Bob".

Have a great trip!
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Miss Q »

please take me as well.... I need sun and sand, oh and MPI!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

Have a wonderful trip, Lily! Make sure you check the tide charts before you head to the Estate as you don't want to get there when the tide is too high to access the Tidal Pool.....I hope this link works for you.......

http://tinyurl.com/byktx7

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#8 Post by Tom_Magnum »

Lily, have a wonderful time in the sun and warmth. I would love to go to Hawaii one day (planning) it. I bet you all the Magnum fans are hoping that you have a great trip.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Lily »

Thanks everyone for your messages and wish I could take along another suitcase with you all inside!! Maybe one day we will be able to organize a meet over there...what fun that would be!

James.... the piece of concrete is of course one thing which I will try and find an answer to!! Also if I see Mrs. Anderson, this time I am deffo speaking to her! Last time I thought she deserved her privacy! Oh to see the other side of that fence eh?

Being very interested in Hawaiian history, I have been wading through a small book I sent for, called The Great Mahele 1848, which is about Hawaii's land division. Reason for all this is that I would love to find out who might have lived on the land in Waimanalo, where the Estate now stands, and of course the tidal pool is also of great interest. Dont know just how far I will get as prior to 1840 there were no land titles in Hawaii, but there must be some early records in the government offices in Honolulu.

Since my husband golfs and I dont, and there is just so much time one can spend on the beach, at Macy's etc. etc....I should have lots of time! :D

Have noted the other places you mentioned James, and although I am terrible with things like putting up pictures on this site, am more than willing to forward you (by snail mail!), any pictures and of course information re the Estate that I find.

Dont possess a lap top, but will try and report in after I have been to the Estate. Thanks Steve for the link to the tide charts. Previously when we have cruised by the Estate, we have always been able to access the beach area and tidal pool, since the tide has been out. Just lucky I guess.

Am here until the 11th, so if there is anything else, please let me know?

Icepick
Admiral

#10 Post by Icepick »

Hey Lily how are ya doing?! Dying to know how your trip went and if you found out anything about our mysterious cement block.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

the apprentice
Lieutenant Commander

#11 Post by the apprentice »

how lucky you are.. :D
magnum, i do say