Question

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV
Captain

Question

#1 Post by ThomasSullivanMagnumIV »

If we knew all along that Higgins was Robin Masters, why did the show use Orson Welles' voice in some of the episodes?

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#2 Post by Italian Ice »

Actually, we didn't know it might have been him until later in the show. But, Orson Wells was a Decoy, or at TM says in Paper War (some guy with a voice like Orson Wells and a body like Truman Capote).

The issue never does get resolved, and one of the reason I hated the ending of the show. There were too many cliffhangers in the end and they should have made a TV movie a few years later to answer the questions.

Did Rick say I do?
Did TM stay in the Navy?
Is Higgins Robin, or did he lie?
Did TC and his wife get back together?
Did TM get back together with Linda Lee?
What happened when the others found out about Lily being TM's daughter?

Any many more questions. Hence my "what happened to" thread.......
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Frodoleader »

The way I see it, when the show was first produced, there really was a Robin Masters character, not "Higgins is Robin". Later on, the producers simply changed their minds about Robin/Higgins. Not vey romantic I know, but probably closer to the actual truth.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#4 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound> So is the Higgins/Robin Masters debate.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#5 Post by Doc Ibold »

My takes...
Italian Ice wrote:Actually, we didn't know it might have been him until later in the show. But, Orson Wells was a Decoy, or at TM says in Paper War (some guy with a voice like Orson Wells and a body like Truman Capote).

The issue never does get resolved, and one of the reason I hated the ending of the show. There were too many cliffhangers in the end and they should have made a TV movie a few years later to answer the questions.

Did Rick say I do?

"Rick was always portrayed as the ladies man, so the cliffhanger, as irritating as it was, pretty much stayed true to the character.. which is what I think they were leaning towards"

Did TM stay in the Navy?

"I would say... yes. It was the final walk off into the sunset, as TM never really seemed to leave his Navy life behind. For him to take care of Lily, he would have to have some major background players taking care of her, as he could not feasibly do it living his life as a Private Investigator.... regardless of Higgins, TC and Rick helping him out."

Is Higgins Robin, or did he lie?

"Who knows, but I would say he isn't. There are numerous plausible theories arguing for, or against, that idea. The "Higgins is Robin" plot really didn't come about until the 7th season, so it wasn't a MAJOR part of the plot throughout the series... until the end. My take is, no he wasnt... but it was our final Magnum/Higgins altercation for us to speculate on.

Did TC and his wife get back together?

As above, who knows, but given R.E.M.s involvement w/ the show, I'll go with yes.

Did TM get back together with Linda Lee?

Probably not... my take is with Cynthia.

What happened when the others found out about Lily being TM's daughter?

See "Little Girl Who"... I think Lily got a LOT of unrelated uncles (aside from Joey whom we must never speak of!)

Any many more questions. Hence my "what happened to" thread.......