Mgnum p.i ring

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

gon
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mgnum p.i ring

#1 Post by gon »

HI,
I wonder if anyone has a good photo of Magnum´s ring? I´want to make a replica but i don´t have got any.
Thanks

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

If you look up Magnum PI ring of Cross of Lorraine ring you could probably find one easily. Also, it always seems like there are a few on eBay for sale. These options could be cheaper than making your own, or you could copy a picture from one of these sites.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#3 Post by N1095A »

Last edited by N1095A on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

(As I've mentioned on another thread) I got a very reasonable Cross of Lorraine ring off of ebay a few weeks ago.

I was always unsure if the series had gold rings; either way mine is silver, but still looks quite good.
Last edited by Jay-Firestorm on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I've kicked around getting one of those. I may have to break down and do it eventually!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#6 Post by N1095A »

I have one of the silver Ebay ones as well. I got one of the cheaper ones, and it appeared if it wasn't finished. I would like to get one of the "Lighter Side" rings, Imagebut they're $500. Larry Manetti and Jeff MacKay both bought those, and I believe that's the one Larry wore on "Las Vegas". Some Day....

if you're considering one of the Ebay rings, I reccomend this one:

I bought this one:
I had to grind it down with a Dremel tool, and re-polish it. Fortunately the sterling silver polishes easily.
If you look at the photo, you'll see the sides are just as wide as the top, it's very unconfortable, and has to be ground down. It can be done, but takes a steady hand with the dremel, and a lot of patience.

By the way, Stephen (Only Looking) must have renewed the recognizability (is that a word?) of the Al's Muffler cap. I had someone ask me about it this morning. That's 2 people who recognized it since I've had it. That one seems to be the one I grab off the hat rack most often as I'm going out.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

One of the Lighter Side rings would be nice. Maybe one day. The ultimate accessory would be the 308.

Paniolo
Ensign

#8 Post by Paniolo »

I'm having an 18K one made soon...will let you know how it turns out, with pix! I remember reading that the originals worn by the cast in later years were 14K, although some early models and those worn by stunt doubles were apparently made of brass--neat! Will keep you advised!

Paniolo

"Give him a decent lead and he'd blow it higher than a Chinese firecracker."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by only looking »

try rocknrobbie, he sells Magnum merchandise, including rings that he pours from an original mold he bought from UNIVERSAL, he sells them in 14KT gold, 10KT gold, silver and brass alloy...I bought one, trust me...they're awesome. Plus he's a great guy and huge Magnum fan.
It made me do it Higgins!!!