Magnum PI TV schedule

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

DarCA
Rear Admiral

Magnum PI TV schedule

#1 Post by DarCA »

My satellite receiver has been out for two weeks, finally got a replacement unit yesterday. Is the Sleuth channel still running Magnum? If not, are any other channels running it?

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

Sleuth seems to have taken MPI out of the rotation. As for other networks, I don't have an answer. Anyone?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think they said there is a Retro TV network that runs it, but if your service is with Directv they don't have that channel. Sleuth took off Magnum and a fwe other they had been running and replaced them. I guess they felt they had gone stale and wanted something new. Luckily, the last three seasons are shipping for me right now so I won't miss any episodes!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#4 Post by N1095A »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:I think they said there is a Retro TV network that runs it, but if your service is with Directv they don't have that channel. Sleuth took off Magnum and a fwe other they had been running and replaced them. I guess they felt they had gone stale and wanted something new. Luckily, the last three seasons are shipping for me right now so I won't miss any episodes!
My name is Mike, and I'm a Magnahaulic. Well, it seems so anyway. Even though I've had all 8 seasons for a while now, I still tuned in every day to the Sleuth channel eps. I think I have a problem :oops:

Seroiusly though, One thing I did enjoy was the Simon & Simon eps they ran after MPI. Some of which I hadn't seen since they forst ran. Although not as good as MPI, S&S was close. Man, I remember never missing a Thursday night on CBS. It's a shame there really aren't any "must see"shows nowadays. Your choices now are any one of a hundred CSI clones, or so-called "Reality" shows.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

TV does suck for the most part these days, and I enjoyed watching Magnum on Slueth even though I have most of the seasons. I hope they bring it back eventually. Maybe they could run CHiPs as well. Another show I remember watching from my youth.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Seaver41 »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:TV does suck for the most part these days, and I enjoyed watching Magnum on Slueth even though I have most of the seasons. I hope they bring it back eventually. Maybe they could run CHiPs as well. Another show I remember watching from my youth.
ah yes CHiPS...........the weekly shine off Estrada's teeth and obligatory 30 car pile up...............that was a formula show.......they all blend together...

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The pile ups always killed me! You would have these cars driving at what looked to be about 20MPH, but a huge pile up would somehow evolve out of it!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

Seaver41 wrote:ah yes CHiPS...........the weekly shine off Estrada's teeth and obligatory 30 car pile up...............that was a formula show.......they all blend together...
LOL!! :lol:

CHiPs is apparently getting a theatrical release, with Wilmer Valderrama (the guy from That '70s Show) as Ponch! That should be "interesting".
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

James, I heard about that. I expect it to fall in line with all of the other tv shows turned movies over the last twenty years. I wish someone would do something fresh on one of these movies!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#10 Post by ConchRepublican »

N1095A wrote:
IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:I think they said there is a Retro TV network that runs it, but if your service is with Directv they don't have that channel. Sleuth took off Magnum and a fwe other they had been running and replaced them. I guess they felt they had gone stale and wanted something new. Luckily, the last three seasons are shipping for me right now so I won't miss any episodes!
My name is Mike, and I'm a Magnahaulic. Well, it seems so anyway. Even though I've had all 8 seasons for a while now, I still tuned in every day to the Sleuth channel eps. I think I have a problem :oops:

Seroiusly though, One thing I did enjoy was the Simon & Simon eps they ran after MPI. Some of which I hadn't seen since they forst ran. Although not as good as MPI, S&S was close. Man, I remember never missing a Thursday night on CBS. It's a shame there really aren't any "must see"shows nowadays. Your choices now are any one of a hundred CSI clones, or so-called "Reality" shows.[/quote]

You may like Bones. It's a little CSI, but the team banter is pretty cool and David Boreanz does a good job as the hero. Coolest guy in the room as I call him. Try renting season one from the video store and check it out.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Carmen
MPI

#11 Post by Carmen »

:D Mike!!

You`re not alone with your problem. There are many others like you out there. Me, for example; I too have all 8 seasons now, why am I so mad Magnum isn`t prime time any more here?! A couple of weeks ago RTL television decided to show it at about 1.00 a.m. instead of 10.00 p.m.
Now it`s CSI-somewhere I could watch - but I won`t!!!!
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)