My Name Is Magnum

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

My Name Is Magnum

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Earl J. Hickey dressed up as Magnum this past Halloween in the episode "Little Bad Voodoo Brother". :)

short video clip

Funny show!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

'cept fer the sideburns, he pulls it off pretty well. Note the correct "Holy Grail" blue parrot shirt.
I started watching "My Name Is Earl" by default. That is, because there was nothing else on. but I started liking it, so I watch when I stumble across it. Besides, you can never have too much of this:

"But Higgins, I can explain."

MadBuck0186
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#3 Post by MadBuck0186 »

Great Clip...Earl does kinda "pull it off".
SDM

N1095A

#4 Post by N1095A »

I tell ya, Too bad Jason Lee isn't a big name in movies. He seems like the best one yet for the MPI movie. He's got the look (pretty much), and has the comedy chops. I don't know about his ability to blend TM's serious side with the humor, but as much as I want the original cast, I'd consider seeing the movie (if it ever got off the ground) with him as TM.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Only if he brings Jamie Presley along as Michelle.

N1095A

#6 Post by N1095A »

Then I might get behind that character. No pun intended. In the words of Quagmire fom "The Family Guy". "Giggidy"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Steve »

N1095A wrote:'cept fer the sideburns, he pulls it off pretty well. Note the correct "Holy Grail" blue parrot shirt.
I started watching "My Name Is Earl" by default. That is, because there was nothing else on. but I started liking it, so I watch when I stumble across it. Besides, you can never have too much of this:

My Name Is Hot for Jamie Presley......Hello.......I guess I am going to have to start watching, I did see a rerun of American Chopper on Sunday where they built a My Name is Earl bike......Paul, Sr. gave Jamie a ride on it but they "conveniently forgot to put passenger pegs on the bike, so she had to wrap her legs around Senior during the ride.......

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

I'll see your Jamie Presley and raise you a Nadine Velasquez! :)

I caught another episode recently. The show is flat out hilarious! I don't care for too many modern TV shows, but this is one of them.

And you're right Mike, Jason Lee doesn't make for a bad Magnum does he! He's a former top pro skater so he certainly could handle the physical part of the role.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A

#9 Post by N1095A »

I IMDB'd him, but didn't recognize any of his other credits. I wonder what his dramatic skills are, and if he's tall enough. He certainly looks the part.
Much more than a lot of the other actors that have been mentioned.
In the photo James posted, that smile just screams Magnum.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#10 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

He was hilarious in Chasing Amy. I think he'd have to beef up a little to be Magnum. I'm not sure abou this height either.