Anything in the show you wanted/didn't want to see?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kwanzaa
Lieutenant

#31 Post by Kwanzaa »

I liked most things about the show but I did not like the psychic mumbo-jumbo. The 'little voice' hunches were OK but the out and out ghost and dream communications from the dead (Jeffrey St Claire and the little boy under water) and the psychic hotline girl (Laura somebody) were too much for me. Oh yea, Higgins chanting with the old farts club while Magnum was locked in the vault was a little too eastern for me. While I'm on a roll, I also did not like the bed hopping that was occasionally done either. This was beneath the character of the show IMHO.

Oh well, no show is perfect. Also, I do not watch any other shows from 20 sum years ago so MPI must be a pretty good show!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#32 Post by N1095A »

I've got one for the "anything you didn't want to see" column,
I wish Higgins had never told TM he lied.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

arri
Lieutenant Commander

#33 Post by arri »

I guess what I didn't want to see more of were the totally off-the-wall plots. TC kids get kidnapped, the all to easy scenarios, the goofy diologue, the predicatble fight sequences...

I wanted to see more international stuff. With TM's affiliation with Naval Intelligence it would be easy for the writers to adopt a plot involving more of that type of intrigue.

After all TM and Higgins went through, it would be neat to see the mutual respect they had.

Magnum could have run off with a woman in the end.

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#34 Post by Tom_Magnum »

I wish the show had better storylines in Season 6 because most of the episodes were dull and unexciting. But that's all.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#35 Post by Italian Ice »

I would have like to have seen the local actors involved more. They were overlooked and not used as much as I would have liked to have seen them.

For instance, in Murder 101, it would have been nice to have seen some of the KKC staff involved instead. They must have heard the stories and if I was one of them, I'd want to get involved and help out too.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Autumn Warrior
Lieutenant

#36 Post by Autumn Warrior »

This is a good question. I agree with Kwanzaa. TM’s “little voice” was fine, but I wish they hadn’t based stories on ghosts or psychic activities.

There are two other minor things that I wish they had not done. I didn’t like the way they brought Mac back, and I didn’t like the “Higgins as Robin” theme.

Overall, I have very few major complaints. That’s impressive in light of the fact that the show ran for eight seasons.
TM: Well, it's not that we're old; it's just that we're not young anymore.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#37 Post by N1095A »

I would have loved to have seen an official outtakes and bloopers disk included with season 8 consisting of pretty much every inch of film shot that never made it to the screen.
"But Higgins, I can explain."