Moki vs Keoki

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Which one?

Moki
60%
Keoki
40%

Total votes: 15

Artie Canoe
Captain

Moki vs Keoki

#1 Post by Artie Canoe »

I just wondered who everyone thought was the better bar boy for the KKC. They both did basically the same job just two different actors. By the way, don't let Keoki's criminal actions influence your decision :P
"I forgot my loincloth and spear." - Luther H. Gillis

Carmen
MPI

#2 Post by Carmen »

My first thought was "Who cares?", but that`s cause I am in a very rude mood today :x I`d say Moki and "I witness" had an influence on my decision
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I like Keoki minus his criminal actions.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#4 Post by Doc Ibold »

Gotta place my vote for Moki!

The original is always the best!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

What about Pat? How come I can't place a vote for Pat!?! ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

And what about Rosine? If we are talking about the KKC, I want my longneck handled by Rosine.......

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#7 Post by N1095A »

Steve wrote:And what about Rosine? If we are talking about the KKC, I want my longneck handled by Rosine.......
Whad does a picture of Sellecklover have to do with the topic? :lol:
"But Higgins, I can explain."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#8 Post by SelleckLover »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Artie Canoe
Captain

#9 Post by Artie Canoe »

Haha oh boy, well I made the topic to compare the two cool dudes of the KKC, if you want to make a poll to include everyone at the club be my guest :D
"I forgot my loincloth and spear." - Luther H. Gillis

N1095A

#10 Post by N1095A »

I kind of like Branscombe Richmond (Moki).Image He also played a couple of other characters in MPI, "Ki'is Don't Lie", "Laura", "The Taking of Dick McWilliams" and "Forever In Time". He also played Bobby Sixkiller in the show "Renegade". That's one 'm somewhat ashamed to admit I watched.
http://www.branscomberichmond.com
Last edited by N1095A on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

N1095A wrote:I kind of like Branscombe Richmond (Moki). He also played a couple of other characters in MPI, bad guys in "Ki'is Don't Lie", "Laura", "The Taking of Dick McWilliams" and "Forever In Time". He also played Bobby Sixkiller in the show "Renegade". That's one 'm somewhat ashamed to admit I watched.
Branscombe's one of those guys that seem to be everywhere, whether it's acting, stunt work, hosting TV shows, spokesmen work, playing music. Coo guy. He's a b-movie hero.

I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about this Moki though:

Branscombe's Moki only appeared in the Pilot Movie and he barely had any screen time.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A

#12 Post by N1095A »

You're probably right James. I wasn't sure how many times Branscombe appeared as Moki. I wonder if it was supposed to be the same Moki, or a different one. How common is the name Moki in Hawaii? :lol:

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

Re: Moki vs Keoki

#13 Post by IslandHopper »

Artie Canoe wrote:I just wondered who everyone thought was the better bar boy for the KKC. They both did basically the same job just two different actors. By the way, don't let Keoki's criminal actions influence your decision :P
Since Rick is the manager of the KKC, I'd have to say Moki, because it was Keoki who first suggested that Magnum put in a "pinch hitter" for Rick at the end of "Squeeze Play" as Rick was 0-for-Lifetime (struck-out everytime) and clearly the worst player on the team. Moki was never disloyal to Rick, so it has to be Moki.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#14 Post by Agatha »

Moki gets my vote, too. I think he looked more authentic and had more energy and personality. My favorite quote was when Higgins tells him to put Magnum's beer on his tab (Lest We Forget) and Moki says, "I ALWAYS do!"

But I liked Keoki, too. He was much more laid back so his personality didn't show up as much as Moki's. My favorite quote of his is when Billy Joe Bob asks him if he speaks English and he says, "Yeah. Like a native."

:)

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: Moki vs Keoki

#15 Post by K Hale »

Just watched the Netflix movie "Finding 'Ohana" in which Branscombe Richmond played the heroine's grandfather, Kimo. (No relation to the infamous Braddah...) Cute movie and I Googled him and was amazed to find that he had played the original Moki. Would not have recognized him! Now I gotta watch the other episodes mentioned in this thread to see if I can pick him out.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!