Collecting Magnum Stuff

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#76 Post by golfmobile »

SelleckLover,

I wish! But I seriously doubt it's "our" TS! First of all, what's he doing in "Jonesboro, Maine"? And why do all of the archives simply go back to the same 6-7 posts?

If it's a joke, it's a poorly executed one. Maybe the guy just wanted to "lock in" the name so our TS would have to buy it from him if TS ever wanted to host a blog on www.blogger.com. Just a way to make money off our hero?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#77 Post by golfmobile »

Sorry about the double post! I was on a different computer and it showed "error" that it didn't post, so I tried it again, same "error," so I gave up. Didn't realize that it did post the first time after all. Sorry, James!

Anyway, here's "Basket Case." Will be putting it on the blog shortly, but I thought I'd give you guys a preview.

golf

P.S. I'm still getting the error message when I posted this from the "usual" computer. The post is still going through, but maybe James can check it out as to what might be wrong?
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#78 Post by SelleckLover »

Golf,

I believe you are right about it not being "our" TS's blog. But I do know for a fact that he did, or does own property in Jonesboro, Maine. If you read some of the posts, you can tell that they are written by someone younger and other than TS. Like the way the writer uses the word "seriously" and calls Steve Guttenberg an undesirable name. I doubt that he would call any one that name and certainly wouldn't put it in print for all the world wide web to see! I think TS has a lot more savvy than that and has too much class to write some of the things that are on that blog. I, too, think it's someone that thinks it is funny or a joke, or wanting to make money off of our Tom Terrific!

SelleckLover :D

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Ferrari diecast models

#79 Post by golfmobile »

Why is this one so expensive?

Ferrari 308 on eBay

And what size is this in inches (I'm no good with metrics and scales)? Is this what I would need for Magnum G.I.? Probably, because I can't justify $100 just for a prop for him . . . . though I wish I could. So what size SHOULD I be looking for -- 1/18?

golf

and P.S. I just got this one fairly cheaply on eBay:

cheap Ferrari

I got it because it was cheap and it's dinged up -- just like MPI keeps messing up Robin's car! But does anyone know what size it is? If it's Matchbox size, I can always use it for a Christmas ornament . . . .
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#80 Post by J.J. Walters »

golfmobile wrote:P.S. I'm still getting the error message when I posted this from the "usual" computer. The post is still going through, but maybe James can check it out as to what might be wrong?
It should be fixed now. Are you still getting the error?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#81 Post by golfmobile »

Okay, technically, this doesn't qualify as "collecting Magnum stuff," but look what I just found and got on eBay:

For Magnum G.I.

Won't this be just great for Magnum G.I. when I make him a Quigley outfit? Which won't be easy -- gotta make the red kerchief, the cavalry shirt and chaps, plus an ammunition belt. Gotta scour eBay for Johnny West boots, though; I can't make boots.

(Larry says I'm crazy . . . . though he seems to be slightly amused by my antics . . . . , at least tolerant, and I usually can get a smile out of him, usually accompanied by the eye-roll.)

golf
"Portside, buddy."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Interesting item on eBay

#82 Post by golfmobile »

Thank goodness for eBay! You find out about the MOST interesting stuff there!

And would I love to have THIS:

MPI Crew Jacket

Sigh . . . . when I win the lottery, what I won't get!!!

Can anyone read what's printed in yellow under the show name on the hat?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover

#83 Post by SelleckLover »

Nice find golf! I'd give my right arm to have that also! But I too will have to wait until I win the lottery!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

Re: Interesting item on eBay

#84 Post by IslandHopper »

golfmobile wrote:Thank goodness for eBay! You find out about the MOST interesting stuff there!

And would I love to have THIS:

MPI Crew Jacket

Sigh . . . . when I win the lottery, what I won't get!!!

Can anyone read what's printed in yellow under the show name on the hat?
That is an awesome jacket and hat. I wonder how many of those were made? The printed words in yellow are difficult to read, and I am probably wrong, but it kind of looks like "In beautiful Hawaii." :?: :?
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

SelleckLover

#85 Post by SelleckLover »

I have emailed the owner of the Magnum PI crew jacket and ball cap, and he states that the yellow writing says:

ON LOCATION, HAWAII

Just thought I'd share :D

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#86 Post by golfmobile »

Hey, SL,

Thanks for finding that out for us.

But, since you're now "buddies" with that seller, why not try asking him how he came to have the jacket, what crew member had it, is the "autograph" stitched or a felt marker type of writing, what year is it from? Any other information about the jacket he can provide. If it was from the last season -- or even the last show (why else would TS autograph something?), it would be even more special, don't you think?

I'm trying to figure out what I can sell so I can buy it. But Larry would probably kill me . . . .

WAIT A MINUTE! I wonder how authentic this really is. If it were truly from the show, wouldn't it say "Magnum P.I." -- NOT just "Magnum"? That's the copyrighted name, correct? I think this is looking a little more suspicious.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by Miss Q »

It's authentic.... my friend has the same jacket.

He aquired his from a former crew member....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#88 Post by golfmobile »

Miss Q,

Oh, good! Thanks for providing that information. Any idea from your friend or the crew member as to what year it was used?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#89 Post by Miss Q »

nope, sorry
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

SelleckLover

#90 Post by SelleckLover »

Regarding the Magnum PI crew jacket:

The autograph is sewn in blue thread and the seller is the former crew member. He didn't say what year it was from.