Magnum's "Gauguin" Painting

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by only looking »

anyone know how to get in touch with Marco other than pm on here? Would like to get in contact to discuss his wonderful painting..but pm hasnt been fruitful.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Sam »

Thor..Sent you a PM.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by only looking »

Sam wrote:Thor..Sent you a PM.
didn't receive anything.. :( could I please get another

Thorfinn
Lieutenant Commander

#34 Post by Thorfinn »

Sam wrote:Thor..Sent you a PM.
Sam...just sent you a message in response to yours :)

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by only looking »

SO.......no one know other thanpm how to contact Marco? Maybe I should try a new way to contact him them......MARCO?......... :D

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#36 Post by J.J. Walters »

only looking, you have a PM. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by only looking »

J.J. Walters wrote:only looking, you have a PM. :)
Thanks..... :wink:

Marco
Commander

#38 Post by Marco »

Hi guys!

You can reach me at marco [at] magnum-pi.de still :-)

I have a friend who owns a copy shop and he can actually create fullsize copies of the painting which still look like real oil a painting. All you need then is the correct frame and you will be done.

If that would be an option for you here, I could arrange that he scans the painting (he owns a scanner capable of that) and you can order the copies there.

Let me know if that would sound interesting to you. I dunno about the pricing though - I expect it to be in the 30EUR range including shipping to the US (less in germany).

BR.
Marco

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by only looking »

Marco....sent you an email.....going to need to find a fram that looks like the one on the series now...gonna be a tough one I bet you. :D

Marco
Commander

#40 Post by Marco »

Hola!

I did not receive your mail actually - the frame I haven't found, yet ... but I am sure it could be created. If you are willing to pay a bit more, a carpenter near you will likely create one for you. I have one right in my neighborhood and he created the socket for my AAPI award replica for example.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by only looking »

sent you a pm..you can send a reply either here or to the email I sent you. AAPI award... :shock: Come on got to post pics of that..as that has been a project for me (at least in my head) for a while now..love to see how it turned out!

Marco
Commander

#42 Post by Marco »

Hi!

I took a quick picture of it - I have 2 versions of it actually (the non-broken and the "broken" one).

Before I saw pictures of the original, I had tu guesstimate the sizes and also how they created the "broken" look. As we know now, it was made with glue where I had the glass part created by a company which creates glass art and they used a special technique on it.

The "Thomas Magnum - 1986" - plate is done but stored away and not yet applied to the socket. The "non-broken" version is stowed away also right now as I only have the "broken" version standing here.

The socket itself comes pretty close as of the wood used for it and also the size - the glass should be a bit taller as I think today (and looking at the "original"). But it's pretty nice and makes a good display.

M.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by only looking »

That is Awesome..I have the original pics that were posted on here as referrence ad well as screen grabs ....so far though my project has not come to surface..would also like Magnum's ship bell that is in his bedroom..but Im picky and finding the right size and type of bell has been a booger...LOL....I'm very interested in your painitng and if I was you would make copies and sell them as well as the AAPI award..bet you'd sell several... :wink: HEY MARCO PM OR EMAIL ME..WANT THAT PAINTING COPY.... :D

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by only looking »

oh MARCO, where are you....again...LOL :D I want me that painting....do i have to hire professional art theives to get me a copy...lol pm or email me bud...please

BobBlusoe
Commander
Location: Currently staying in the guest house at the Robin Masters Estate

#45 Post by BobBlusoe »

Hmm. Fun info I didn't know that.