The Most Annoying Character

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#16 Post by SelleckLover »

How come most of the "annoying" characters are women? LOL How about Stuart Margolin as Rod whats-his-name the so-called encyclopedia salesman? :D

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#17 Post by N1095A »

SelleckLover wrote:How come most of the "annoying" characters are women? LOL How about Stuart Margolin as Rod whats-his-name the so-called encyclopedia salesman? :D
Chrysler, "Hot Rod" Chrysler.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

SelleckLover

#18 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks N1095A! :D

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#19 Post by IslandHopper »

Here's another one for you SL. Joey from "Thicker Than Blood." I like everything about that episode except for the actor that plays him. That thick accent he had was truly annoying. I would watch the episode much more but I cannot stand listening to that voice. I thought maybe he sounded like that on purpose for the role as a strung out drug user, but I saw him in a small part in "The Onion Field" with Ted Danson and John Savage and he still had that same annoying voice.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

SelleckLover

#20 Post by SelleckLover »

I agree IslandHopper, now that you mention it, his voice was kind of whiney as I recall. :?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#21 Post by J.J. Walters »

I gotta go with Det. Gordon Katsumoto. His constant over-the-top (and bad) John Wayne impressions and quotes just annoyed me to no end.

Magnum's entire class in "Murder 101" comes in at a close second (especially the surfer kid). Shelly Faraday gets the bronze. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by lutherhgillis »

This is a stretch but how about TS playing Lance White in the Rockford episode. Pretty annoying?

Oh yea, how about the entire guest cast from 'No Need to Know'?

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by lutherhgillis »

How about Randy the thug from 'The Big Blow" and the infamous Wanda, princess of Turvia. Two more fine examples of annoyance.

Higgy Baby
Lieutenant

#24 Post by Higgy Baby »

How about Clyde Daltrey, from Hotel Dick?
Pretty annoying...Hotel Dick, indeed

Last edited by Higgy Baby on Fri May 23, 2008 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A lesson lads, cheap whiskey in this heat can rot the brain"

rasgards
Rear Admiral

#25 Post by rasgards »

Steve wrote:Judith Chapman in "The Black Orchid" and in "The Woman On The Beach"........I find her more annoying than even Cassie Yates!
I have to agree whole heartedly with Steve. She seems to over act everything. These two episodes are a couple of my least favorites because of her.

Ras G

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Miss Q »

Here's a new angle - How about Buck Greene.... yeah I know, he was integral to the plot to be a hard ass....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#27 Post by Doc Ibold »

Miss Q wrote:Here's a new angle - How about Buck Greene.... yeah I know, he was integral to the plot to be a hard ass....
Totally agree there Miss Q

(And I feel for SL's earlier point, because when I made my list, I thought to myself "Man, these are all women! I've got to get some men in here or else I'm really going to look bad!")

However, felt MUCH better when a lot of the guys I remembered came up in later posts from other members.

Besides, you have to look at it in a positive light in a lot of the actresses who played those parts, played them to perfection.

I mean, I'm sure the writers really didn't WANT us to like the Goldie Morrises/Shelly Faraday/J-Fletches Gangs of the world, and if we remember them at the top of our heads as to who annoyed us, they did their jobs well!

So, to Cassie Yates (and whomever played Goldie Morris (sorry can't remember), GOOD JOB!).

And, to add to my earlier post:

1) Buzz Benoit
2) Wilson MacLeish
3) Whats her name from "Find Me A Rainbow"

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#28 Post by tidal pool »

Alge - "The Ugliest, Most Annoying, Dog in Hawaii". Seemed like he barked the entire show. Ugh!

TS or NO MOVIE!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#29 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

tidal pool wrote:Alge - "The Ugliest, Most Annoying, Dog in Hawaii". Seemed like he barked the entire show. Ugh!

Funny one tidal pool!

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#30 Post by tidal pool »

Go figure, the only photo that I could find of the little yapper was a non-barking pose - which only annoyed me more.
TS or NO MOVIE!