Bondtoys Hawaii december 2011

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Icepick
Admiral

#16 Post by Icepick »

Great pics Bondtoys! The estate looks pretty much the same as our last visit. The sand issue by wall at the tidal pool doesn't seem to be improving though.

Did you go to Kaiona Beach Park? It's the beach a few hundred metres west, where the car park is. Great place to lay about for a few hours. We always go there as no one but a handful of locals use it. Plus there is the restrooms and shower.

My brother's photo from last year. We've sat on this wall had beer like TM and guys.
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#17 Post by rubber chicken »

I'm glad to see that you were able to put the guide to good use Bondtoys! The photos are great and I like the three head on shots of the estate wall from the back of the tidal pool. It's so great to see Agatha's home! She would be happy to know it's being kept in good condition. :)

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Thanks for all these nice comments and again Kudos to you, rubberchicken.
My wife was totally embarrassed seeing me wading thru the tidal pool and taking the oics - I was very concerned to scrap the camera with the salt water ;). Glad that everything went well.

Agatha's home was a must-see for me. IMHO, that house totally fits her character and in real life, it's a very good place to live.

However I was not brave enough to ring the bell and see, what kind of people are living there now. I am sure, that they have no idea, that their home is kind of famous.

Someone turned up with an url, where you can estimate properties. Anyone has an idea, how much the house is worth today?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#19 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Icepick wrote:My brother's photo from last year. We've sat on this wall had beer like TM and guys.
Man, looks like your bro was there on a fabulous day. Look at the colour of the water! Look like a doctored pic for a travel brochure.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I'd say the best place on the world to have a cold beer ;)

Wait a minute: The Intercontinental Hotel bar in Hongkong is a close second.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I'd say the best place on the world to have a cold beer ;)

Wait a minute: The Intercontinental Hotel bar in Hongkong is a close second.