Information on Anderson Estate and Beach

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Lily »

My husband and I have been going to Oahu and other islands for seven years now and in all that time when we have passed by the Estate, we have either had the tidal pool and beach to ourselves, or shared with a local. Believe me there are no crowds.

Last year we met a couple who were sitting on the beach next door at the Shiners location and they walked over to ask if the Estate was indeed where Magnum had been filmed. I wondered if the man might have been someone here from Magnum Mania, until he said he lived quite close to TS's ranch., hence the interest.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#17 Post by ConchRepublican »

I am still in awe of people who've made it there.

I think, if I ever get there, you'll see this 40 something grinning from ear to ear like a little kid.

I doubt you'd be able to get me out of the tidal pool. . . I'd just sit/float/tread water there all day.

Checking my watch . . . ;-)
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

John.1962
Commander

#18 Post by John.1962 »

Maybe some of you have seen this before, but it's a video made by a couple on their honeymoon visiting the Anderson Estate. I like it because it helps me feel what it would like to be there and I am amazed at a wife who would go a Magnum adventure.

When you see the beach scene you will see a lot of people swimming there and hanging their towels on the fence. Maybe this is one reason the beach was dredged.

Watch it if you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgikGgFsO64