Magnum collectibles dream!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#16 Post by wwmd »

Well, I got it on eBay, which may or may not be problematic. It does have the letters 14K printed on the inside, and the seller did have a 100% rating (for selling old gold and silver coins). In the description, the seller says this, though I have no idea what to believe:
"I have had this ring for fifteen years, it was given to me by my father who said it was an original from the series. I have no paperwork so don't really know. It is 14K gold and have starting the bidding at what its worth in gold.

This ring was designed by Bellasario the maker of the Magnum series as a team ring for the cast. It was supposed to be a vietnam war commemorative of them serving together."
Needless to say, I don't actually believe I have a real prop on my hands. However, I do love the ring, and I got a pretty great deal on it. I paid roughly half of what I would have if I'd tried to have a custom ring made. All in all, I'm happy!

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#17 Post by wwmd »

I just had to share this with everyone. I took the team ring in last week to get it resized (I had to go down a size to keep it from slipping off my finger). I got the ring back on Monday and have been wearing it for the last two days. Even though I'm not technically part of the "team," I still somehow feel empowered by this ring's heft, and I really love the design. Next to the 308, having this ring is about as good as it gets.

I sometimes have to stop myself from whistling the Magnum theme song as I walk down the hall. :D
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by only looking »

Good for you. I bought one from RockNRobbie and let me tell you. I wear mine ALL THE TIME! Get complaments on it and people are like..HEY THATS LIKE MAGNUM PI'S and a conversation usually insues..and I always tell them about this site....not sure how many have visited. But I get the word out...lol Great looking ring..wear it with pride!
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Alexander J Colvin Esq.
Lieutenant

#19 Post by Alexander J Colvin Esq. »

Image[/img]

Can't believe I haven't post this before. Anyone out there more dedicated to the cause? :)

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#20 Post by Karrnut »

Don't forget to add the 4x4 full sized blazer, and a stack of IOU's.
To get money from Uncle Sam you need a name that sounds like will stimulate jobs, growth & industry, it also should sound like it will get a lot of votes for its sponsor.
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#21 Post by Karrnut »

What you have to do is set up a non-profit OR, not for profit organization for tax purposes, and to receive donations, you need a mission statement and since the tidal pool is there make it a sea turtle sanctuary for the Endangered Hawaiian Sea Turtle. You can then partner up with the University of Hawaii Sea Life Conservancy and make working on site an accredited program. The native Hawaiian community may also have funds available for the protection and proliferation of native species. Now, you name it "Turtles Nest" turn the house into a B&B, renting rooms for $400.00 per night, also available would be banquet facilities, and wedding packages, including the arrival of the wedding party by helicopter. The guesthouse can be set up as a bridal Suite, with use of the Ferrari at $2,000.00 per night. There will be government grants available at both the local, state and federal level. Mrs. Anderson may even be agreeable to donating the property for this "cause" and could even have naming rights, i.e., "The XXX Anderson Aquatic Preservation Society." Included on the grounds would be a nature walk with native flora and fauna, highlighting the most endangered species. Another consideration would be to offer Mrs. Anderson a Life Estate on the property. You will defiantly need an attorney for all this, plus someone familiar with writing grant proposals. So, whats taking you so long?
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick