First Post: Magnum p.i. - TV schedule

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#16 Post by J.J. Walters »

Funny, I don't recall The Benny Hill Show ever being censored! Or maybe it was and I just didn't realize it. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

James J. Walters wrote:Funny, I don't recall The Benny Hill Show ever being censored! Or maybe it was and I just didn't realize it. ;)
It's one of those strange British quirks, they can get away with things if it's an innuendo... it's kind of hard to explain. :)
There's certainly like nothing like 'The Benny Hill Show' on British TV nowadays, it's change a lot in the last 25 years.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#18 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Higgy_baby wrote:Even the rock band KISS has to change their logo in Germany because the SS in KISS looks too much like lighting bolts. But editing MPI. That's the worst I've heard yet.
It's not that the SS look like lightning bolts, they're exactly the same design as the Nazi Schutzstaffel. That's a no-no in Germany these days.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#19 Post by N1095A »

I'm really suprised Hogan's heroes is even shown in Germany. Even though it portrays the nazis as inept fools, they do show the nazi flag, and use the expression Heil Hitler, and show the nazi salute, all of which is illegal in Germany. That's a lot of editing.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Higgy_baby
Rear Admiral

#20 Post by Higgy_baby »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Higgy_baby wrote:Even the rock band KISS has to change their logo in Germany because the SS in KISS looks too much like lighting bolts. But editing MPI. That's the worst I've heard yet.
It's not that the SS look like lightning bolts, they're exactly the same design as the Nazi Schutzstaffel. That's a no-no in Germany these days.
Styles, that was precisley what I was trying to infer. In fact the logo is slightly different, but close enough to SS runes to be censored. Ironically, both Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley who own the trademark are Jewish. I doubt they even foresaw the connection that censors would make in Germany.
Of course this changes nothing between us. I still expect you to respect the rules and regulations pertaining to your stay on the estate. There will be no wild parties, no outragous liberties, no unauthorized overnight guests...

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#21 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Higgy_baby wrote:Styles, that was precisely what I was trying to infer.
Gotcha.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#22 Post by ConchRepublican »

Welcome Mr. the Brit! ;-)
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

grundle
Admiral

#23 Post by grundle »

In Pittsburgh, RTN has changed the time for airing Magnum from 9 P.M. to 8 P.M.