Shocking Flubs!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#136 Post by N1095A »

First of all, I don't yet have season 8, and my season 7 DVDs are in my work truck so I can't check this, but Sleuth was running seasons 7 and 8 in order this morning, and I swear I saw TM walk off in LIMBO with the Detroit TIgers cap on, and later in the same sequence he had the VMO2 Da Nang cap on. Am I crazy or has anyone else seen this? It's during the walking in the clouds scene, and I think when Higgins "demands" he return, and he turns around and smiles, it's the VMO2 cap.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#137 Post by golfmobile »

N1095A,

No, I think it's okay. I just checked "Limbo" at the end. Here he is after "letting" Michelle "go" and Lily can see him. He then puts on this hat (note it seems to have the DaNang embroidery) and walks off across the lawn and then he's in the clouds in the next scene:

With his back turned, he's walking away, Higgins tells him to come back "immejetly" and he turns around:

Still DaNang cap.

Hopes this helps.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing "wrong" with the top picture (from a "goodbye" standpoint) is no Hawaiian shirt. He has the hat, the watch, the ring, the belt buckle, the MIA bracelet, the short shorts -- and a tan shirt. It should at least be a flowered print, if not the parrot shirt, which I think it should have been. If you have been following the appearance of that shirt, I think it disappeared in the third season and was not seen again until at least Season 8 when he wore when he was at the psychiatrist's office in "Pleasure Principle." It might be elsewhere in Season 7 or 8, but that's just the time I remember right now.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#138 Post by ConchRepublican »

golfmobile wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing "wrong" with the top picture (from a "goodbye" standpoint) is no Hawaiian shirt. He has the hat, the watch, the ring, the belt buckle, the MIA bracelet, the short shorts -- and a tan shirt. It should at least be a flowered print, if not the parrot shirt, which I think it should have been. If you have been following the appearance of that shirt, I think it disappeared in the third season and was not seen again until at least Season 8 when he wore when he was at the psychiatrist's office in "Pleasure Principle." It might be elsewhere in Season 7 or 8, but that's just the time I remember right now.

golf
I wonder if that had to do with the "maturing" of Thomas throughout the course of the series? I hope not, I mean I have a closet full of tropical shirts in my closet and would hate to think of the ramifications were that true!

Of course, since Paper Wars was this season, I think I'm safe. :wink:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#139 Post by MaximRecoil »

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned here, but in episode 8.11 (Transitions), when Magnum inspects the spent shell casing that Gillis found, he says that it is a 10mm auto, probably from a Bren Ten.

Higgins "corrects" Magnum by suggesting that the round came from a "Colt Super Elite". Magnum says "possibly" and Higgins says "definitely".

This is a "flub". The Colt Super Elite was a version of the Gold Cup/National Match (Colt's target version of the Government Model) and was chambered for .38 Super (hence the name Super Elite).

There were two 10mm auto handguns definitely on the market when this was filmed (though at or around the time, two more came out, namely the Springfield Armory Omega [a 1911-type gun] and the Smith & Wesson Model 10xx series). The two that were definitely on the market were the Bren Ten (a CZ-75-type gun) and the Colt Delta Elite (a 1911-type gun).

So Higgins should have said "Colt Delta Elite" rather than "Colt Super Elite". And, the gun the woman is wielding at the end of the show is indeed a Colt Delta Elite, as evidenced by the Commander-style burr hammer and 3-dot enlarged sights. You'd think that someone would have read "Colt Delta Elite" off the side of that gun and corrected the script.
Last edited by MaximRecoil on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#140 Post by Jodykmg365 »

I didn't go through all 14 pages, so I hope this hasn't been listed.

How about in Summer School where R.J. is still in boarding school at the age of 20? He shows up in his boarding school jacket, Higgins is supposed to reform him by his 21st B-day and Magnum tells him that if he doesn't straighten up he will be sent to ANOTHER boarding school.

Geez, how many times has this kid failed? :wink:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#141 Post by J.J. Walters »

Jodykmg365 wrote:How about in Summer School where R.J. is still in boarding school at the age of 20? He shows up in his boarding school jacket, Higgins is supposed to reform him by his 21st B-day and Magnum tells him that if he doesn't straighten up he will be sent to ANOTHER boarding school.

Geez, how many times has this kid failed? :wink:
LMAO! I somehow missed that he was supposed to be 20! :shock:

So at the end of summer, at the local bar, with all his friends getting ready to go back to college, what does he tell them? "See ya next year guys. They're shipping me off to boarding school, again." (sigh)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!