The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1321 Post by Steve »

Interesting to see a partial picture or rendering of the apartment above the boat house.........

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1322 Post by KENJI »

Bondtoys.de wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:
Is it only me or has a part of the garage boxes been torn down and only one garage box is left?
The open passageway also seems to be missing.
[/quote]

Hi Bondtoys.de,

This is the gate house (the other side that we never see) and not the main house that you are looking at in the pic.
I hope that helps.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#1323 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Ah, ok.

Thank you, Kenji!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1324 Post by KENJI »

My pleasure Bondtoys.de.

I am interested in knowing more about the Colorado LLC that was created to lend Marty that amount of money.
The name of it Hoaloha Holdings translates into friend which can be loosely interpreted a few ways. Maybe it's a friend lending him the money, maybe it's Penny or even something to do with his good friend Obama. I know the address is only a P.O. box which helps keep things more secret. I wonder who is behind this company.
Does anyone else have a clue?

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1325 Post by Pahonu »

Bondtoys.de wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:
Is it only me or has a part of the garage boxes been torn down and only one garage box is left?
The open passageway also seems to be missing.
[/quote]

This is indeed a rendering of the gatehouse, not the main house. This side of the gatehouse was only seen once in the MPI episode "The Kona Winds" and it was very close up in the garage. It's the scene where TM is fixing the generator. In my SketchUp model I originally had two garage bays, but photos released since the estate went up for sale revealed this to be wrong. I have changed it (as I need to make other changes since these renderings), but I don't know if I ever sent JJ the revised version.

Derek
Commander

#1326 Post by Derek »

If it is really Obama, will the estate be "Barack's Nest"? Will he even have time to visit or will the place rather be run by a mayordomo looking after things? Who will be in charge of security and will they also live in the main house or in a separate house somewhere on the estate? ;)
I know what you're thinking. And you're right.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1327 Post by Pahonu »

Steve wrote:Interesting to see a partial picture or rendering of the apartment above the boat house.........
This is indeed the first time it has ever been seen! It is much smaller than the guest house set was depicted, which I know is disappointing to many. Magnum's accomodations would simply never fit in this boathouse space. I speculate it is just a single room studio (approximately 10 or 11 feet by 15 or 16 feet) with a bathroom on the side adjacent to the Shriner's club, and maybe a closet. It may well have been for staff, like a gardener, rather than a guest apartment as we all know it.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1328 Post by KENJI »

Derek wrote:If it is really Obama, will the estate be "Barack's Nest"? Will he even have time to visit or will the place rather be run by a mayordomo looking after things? Who will be in charge of security and will they also live in the main house or in a separate house somewhere on the estate? ;)
Derek wrote:
I'm thinking The Barack Shack or Barack's Shack (hardly a shack, but it rhymes). :lol:

Anyone else have a new nickname for Pahonu based on what we now know?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#1329 Post by golfmobile »

As much I hate (hate! HATE!) the idea of its being for Obama, for a nickname -- Obama's Ohana?

Gag me with a spoon . . . . (what's the emoticon for "barf"?)
"Portside, buddy."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1330 Post by KENJI »

golfmobile wrote:As much I hate (hate! HATE!) the idea of its being for Obama, for a nickname -- Obama's Ohana?

Good one Golf and I hate the thought too.

Here's another one.....more of a stretch...... there is Camp David and now we also have Camp Marty. :roll:

Diandra
Captain

#1331 Post by Diandra »

KENJI wrote:
golfmobile wrote:As much I hate (hate! HATE!) the idea of its being for Obama, for a nickname -- Obama's Ohana?

Here's another one.....more of a stretch...... there is Camp David and now we also have Camp Marty. :roll:
One would think that whatever the nickname is for Robins Nest, that PAHONU will always be on the front wall
of the estate!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1332 Post by ConchRepublican »

Kahuna paʻuhia i ka ʻino

Akua puluwai :evil:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1333 Post by 308GUY »

"The Pres Res." (for Presidents Residence... :magnum: )

I can see it now......Obama PI......on Thursday nights................... :lol:

Rumor now is he(B.O. & Co.) will just visit Marty and stay there when he is on the island, but everything at this point is speculation/guesswork on somebody's part.

However it turns out, it will be "interesting" for sure.

Seems like there is a plan to renovate rather than wreckulate, but that's just more speculation. Sure hope it turns out that way.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1334 Post by KENJI »

Diandra wrote:
KENJI wrote:

One would think that whatever the nickname is for Robins Nest, that PAHONU will always be on the front wall
of the estate!
It will always be PAHONU.....plaque or not....having said that, lets hope we don't see it replaced with the Presidential Seal :wink:
.....maybe they will compromise by substituting the eagle for a turtle/honu. :lol:

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#1335 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Pahonu wrote:
This is indeed a rendering of the gatehouse, not the main house. This side of the gatehouse was only seen once in the MPI episode "The Kona Winds" and it was very close up in the garage. It's the scene where TM is fixing the generator. In my SketchUp model I originally had two garage bays, but photos released since the estate went up for sale revealed this to be wrong. I have changed it (as I need to make other changes since these renderings), but I don't know if I ever sent JJ the revised version.
Thanks Pahonu.
I was always under the impression that this has been shot in one of the garage bays from the main house.

Do we have an idea how the garage bays from the mainhouse look like?