The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

midnightx
Commander

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1306 Post by midnightx »

Pahonu wrote:
golfmobile wrote:Most of those pictures that are interior shots MUST be "concept" pictures/plans/designs. No way is the interior now like those modern interior designs????? But if that's what's going to be done to the inside . . . . . ugh! You lose all the historical footprint and architectural integrity with that (IMO!!!!!). Still it appears that the exterior has been painted, roof fixed (?), and some attempt to clean up all the exterior overgrowth of foliage.

Again, folks, JMO on interior!!! (don't want to get excoriated again).

golf
They are indeed artists rendering. They all are, I think, but they are actual rooms and spaces in the structure. The amazing thing to me is they show a couple of rooms I've never seen before. In order...

5. the stair hall - seen before in H5O episodes (but it looks beautiful in the rendering)

6. the living room in the one-story ell - seen before in H5O episode "Woe to Wo Fat" and Vega$ episode

7. other room in the one-story ell - never seen before (seems to be configured as a bar or lounge)

8. master bedroom on second-story near seawall seen before in H5O episode "Cloth of Gold"

9. master bathroom, I believe the window is looking out onto the long upstairs balcony - never seen before

10. sitting room with balcony adjacent to master bedroom - balcony seen in MPI episode "No Need to Know"

11. boathouse lanai - seen once or twice ;)

12. the boat house interior - I repeat THE BOATHOUSE INTERIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - never seen before
This is what many of us have wanted to see, but it does show, as I've said many times before in this thread, it is much, much smaller than the show depicts. It's only about 10 feet wide. It seems to be rendered as a studio space.

Finally, I'm so excited that it seems Pahonu will not be razed. The time and expense it took to create the rendering would lead one to believe a remodel is planned. Unfortunately, I have followed the fate of several historic homes that did not end so well.
What about #16, does that look like an artist's rendering? That one looked like it might have been a cleaned up, cleared-out kitchen area?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1307 Post by Sam »

golfmobile wrote:WOW!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jeez, Sam, what kind of sick memory have you got???

:roll:

golf
Ha Golfmobile.My mind is like a steel-trap and fortunately I can still retrieve most things.My problem now is getting the Hellmans back in the refrigerator and not the cupboard. :lol:

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1308 Post by Pahonu »

midnightx wrote:
Pahonu wrote:
golfmobile wrote:Most of those pictures that are interior shots MUST be "concept" pictures/plans/designs. No way is the interior now like those modern interior designs????? But if that's what's going to be done to the inside . . . . . ugh! You lose all the historical footprint and architectural integrity with that (IMO!!!!!). Still it appears that the exterior has been painted, roof fixed (?), and some attempt to clean up all the exterior overgrowth of foliage.

golf
They are indeed artists rendering. They all are, I think, but they are actual rooms and spaces in the structure. The amazing thing to me is they show a couple of rooms I've never seen before. In order...

5. the stair hall - seen before in H5O episodes (but it looks beautiful in the rendering)

6. the living room in the one-story ell - seen before in H5O episode "Woe to Wo Fat" and Vega$ episode

7. other room in the one-story ell - never seen before (seems to be configured as a bar or lounge)

8. master bedroom on second-story near seawall seen before in H5O episode "Cloth of Gold"

9. master bathroom, I believe the window is looking out onto the long upstairs balcony - never seen before

10. sitting room with balcony adjacent to master bedroom - balcony seen in MPI episode "No Need to Know"

12. the boat house interior - I repeat THE BOATHOUSE INTERIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - never seen before
This is what many of us have wanted to see, but it does show, as I've said many times before in this thread, it is much, much smaller than the show depicts. It's only about 10 feet wide. It seems to be rendered as a studio space.

Finally, I'm so excited that it seems Pahonu will not be razed. The time and expense it took to create the rendering would lead one to believe a remodel is planned. Unfortunately, I have followed the fate of several historic homes that did not end so well.
What about #16, does that look like an artist's rendering? That one looked like it might have been a cleaned up, cleared-out kitchen area?

I think it's the first floor of the gate house. The door opens near the front gates. That would be the first interior shot of that building as well!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1309 Post by Pahonu »

KENJI wrote:
Pahonu wrote:

golf

Hi Pahonu,

I was wondering when you were going to chime in.
When I saw the pics (even if they are renderings) I thought of you on Christmas Day.....I bet you are working on your masterpiece at this very moment....have fun....looking forward to your additions/adjustments!

Thanks for the thoughts. I was kind of laying low until the speculation died down a bit. These photos are the first new information I've had in quite a while, so I'll have to start absorbing it and reconsider parts of the model.

midnightx
Commander

#1310 Post by midnightx »

Pahonu wrote:
I think it's the first floor of the gate house. The door opens near the front gates. That would be the first interior shot of that building as well!
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

midnightx
Commander

#1311 Post by midnightx »

Diandra wrote:
Now Fox News is reporting on the sale of Pahonu. They are saying that Nesbitt bought the property for his friend President Obama.
If this is true the traffic, on the highway in front of the estate, will be horrendous, when he is there.
The Obama angle is still largely speculation. It certainly is curious that it is Nesbitt who is the buyer, so it is easy to make the possible connection. That said, Pahonu does not seem ideal as a vacation home for the President. The structures are fairly close to roads, adjoining properties, and the ocean. The main house isn't particularly large; part of the main appeal is the large courtyard area, grassy grounds, and beach access/tidal pool -- again, not areas that are likely to be enjoyed by residents who have to be very concerned with security issues. Even the grounds are visible and fairly open. It is certainly still a possibility, but this particular property seems less secluded than one would think an ex-President is looking for. Still, as you pointed out, if Pahonu ultimately becomes one of the post-Presidency Obama residences, traffic will be terrible when he is around. It will probably be a few years until we really know if there will be an Obama/Pahonu connection. On the bright-side, at least it appears that the main home will be preserved.

chadnum
Ensign

#1312 Post by chadnum »

I'm really glad to hear that the house is probably going to be preserved!

I also agree that it would be a terrible place place to stay from a security standpoint. It would be too hard to really secure. (Something we've all experienced from watching Magnum and Five-O. ;) )

I was lucky enough to be able to swim in the tidal pool last summer. It was an amazing experience to say the least! I just hope I can do that again in the future! (Which might be a problem if the secret service is guarding the place.....)
Last edited by chadnum on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diandra
Captain

#1313 Post by Diandra »

chadnum wrote:I'm really glad to hear that the house is probably going to be preserved!

I also agree that it would be a terrible place place to stay from a security standpoint. It would bee too hard to really secure. (Something we've all experienced from watching Magnum and Five-O. ;) )

I was lucky enough to be able to swim in the tidal pool last summer. It was an amazing experience to say the least! I just hope I can do that again in the future! (Which might be a problem if the secret service is guarding the place.....)

My husband and I were hoping to be able to visit the tidal pool once more before we get to
old. Hopefully, we all will be able to visit when (POTUS)? isn't there!!

Fat Jack
Captain

#1314 Post by Fat Jack »

golf
They are definitely artists renderings. Did you notice in picture 10, the sitting room with balcony adjacent to master bedroom, they have the Juliet balcony painted white? In this Star Advertiser article (which is different/longer than the one Oliver posted - it has more info about the history of the house, the bidding, etc. if interested) Mary Worrall said the home needs a major remodel. http://www.staradvertiser.com/business/ ... =296839241
Pahonu wrote:The time and expense it took to create the rendering would lead one to believe a remodel is planned.
Unfortunately the renderings look to have been made for their sales brochure, which makes sense. You can see Mary and her daughter looking at the brochure in this video. http://www.kitv.com/news/mystery-behind ... d/31910250

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1315 Post by Steve »

The talk here in Chicago that this is a "Chicago Way" deal not unlike a while back when Obama was a State Senator and purchased the parcel of land next to his current residence at WELL BELOW MARKET VALUE from another Pritzker friend. A Penny Pritzker (of Hyatt Hotels) connection here in Chicago is a golden goose and played a huge part in getting President Obama to get financing for his Presidental run, not to mention her getting Marty Nesbitt started in a lucrative Ohare Aiport parking business..........This story will get interesting...........

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1316 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:The talk here in Chicago that this is a "Chicago Way" deal not unlike a while back when Obama was a State Senator and purchased the parcel of land next to his current residence at WELL BELOW MARKET VALUE from another Pritzker friend. A Penny Pritzker (of Hyatt Hotels) connection here in Chicago is a golden goose and played a huge part in getting President Obama to get financing for his Presidental run, not to mention her getting Marty Nesbitt started in a lucrative Ohare Aiport parking business..........This story will get interesting...........
((((Please let there be taxpayer money or campaign donations involved))))

:twisted:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#1317 Post by ThomasMagnum »

Just heard the news... :magnum: :higgins:

Hoping it will be renamed to Robin's Nest! :D

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#1318 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Not sure what you guys think, but the (rendered) sales pics deserve to be saved for eternity imo:

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#1319 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Not sure what you guys think, but the (rendered) sales pics deserve to be saved for eternity imo:

Is it only me or has a part of the garage boxes been torn away and only one garage box is left?
The open passageway also seems to be missing.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#1320 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Bondtoys.de wrote:
Is it only me or has a part of the garage boxes been torn down and only one garage box is left?
The open passageway also seems to be missing.[/quote]