The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Fat Jack
Captain

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1261 Post by Fat Jack »

Another little tidbit...I just discovered that the buyer's agent was Joel Cavasso at nearby Kailua Realty http://www.lanikailua.com/
Last edited by Fat Jack on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#1262 Post by Kevster »

You want to check with the guy? All agents are bound by confidentiality, but maybe he'd give us some guidance...

Something like.... "Should fans of the show come see it soon-ish because of upcoming changes?"

Who knows, maybe the guy will make ENOUGH of a statement that we'll have an idea....
Trust Me!!!

Fat Jack
Captain

#1263 Post by Fat Jack »

I'm not pushing the Obama rumor at all...but I just saw that Cavasso was the listing agent for one of Obama's Kailua winter vacation rentals that sold in 2010. (I believe they stayed there in '08, '09 & '10). Just another interesting connection...probably means nothing.

Diandra
Captain

#1264 Post by Diandra »

Fat Jack wrote:Another little tidbit...I just discovered that the buyer's agent was Joel Cavasso at nearby Kailua Realty http://www.lanikailua.com/

Is it possible that Tom Selleck and/or his brothers have bought the estate? Don't they
have real estate holdings.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#1265 Post by N1095A »

This is intolerable. I just can't accept this. I guess we're about to see Hawaii's first non-public beach. Visit the tidal pool while you still can.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1266 Post by Steve »

Hey, if nothing else is sure is making the thread interesting again. I'm still guessing Obama might be involved as he vacations down the road every Christmas and I'm betting his fondest memories are when he lived in Hawaii (how about that prom date). I even have been telling my wife for a while I'm betting that Michelle and the girls will return to Chicago and the President will live in Hawaii. By the way, I go past his Hyde Park home all the time and can tell you other than the secret service that are parked on both sides of the block the house is on The Estate would provide better security.Just me guessing and I am normally wrong................

akela
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1267 Post by akela »

My first reaction: oh no!!! He is the antithesis of all Magnum stands for. Hope it's not true.

BWheelz54
Admiral

#1268 Post by BWheelz54 »

Did that neighbor just call us Magnum fans "cultish?" I'm not going to deny it. I'd be happy if Mr. Dick Cheney (suppose there's no way things won't get political with mention of 'Mr. O.') purchased the property just so long as he didn't tear it down.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1269 Post by Steve »

The story has now made Politico....
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/o ... 16233.html

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#1270 Post by Kevster »

On Foxnews...
Trust Me!!!

North
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1271 Post by North »

Seems like good value for whomever the buyer is.

If it is Obama I have a question... he was a community organizer, a senator and now President. None of these jobs provide an income anywhere near high enough to spend 8 figures on a home. Where is the money coming from? I guess there is money in community service after all!

Makes me think of an old Hawaiian saying about the missionaries... They came to do good.... and they did well.
North (aka John)

midnightx
Commander

#1272 Post by midnightx »

Kevster wrote:On Foxnews...
Yeah, I saw this too:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03 ... m-pi-home/

Doesn't mean it is real, but the fact that a major news outlet has picked up on it and pieced together many of the same clues as this message board has, suggests there is something to the story...

midnightx
Commander

#1273 Post by midnightx »

North wrote:Seems like good value for whomever the buyer is.

If it is Obama I have a question... he was a community organizer, a senator and now President. None of these jobs provide an income anywhere near high enough to spend 8 figures on a home. Where is the money coming from? I guess there is money in community service after all!

Makes me think of an old Hawaiian saying about the missionaries... They came to do good.... and they did well.
He already made millions from his books, which would easily finance a down-payment. Additionally, like with the Clintons, they had wealthy friends "buy" them a post-White House residence, or at the very least, "loan" them the financing, so a similar scenario could be in play here. Additionally, as with Bill Clinton, President Obama will likely become a multi-millionaire a few years after leaving office.

I have mixed feelings on this one. I am personally not a fan of this president, so I don't love the idea that he might be the new owner of Pahonu, an estate that has a special place in my heart based on my love the Magnum PI. That said, if he is indeed the buyer, at least the home will likely be renovated and preserved, versus the other fate it may have had that many of us have been concerned with. If he is the buyer, I hope Architectural Digest gets access to the renovated property for a in-depth photo-shoot, assuming this is actually happening.

Fat Jack
Captain

#1274 Post by Fat Jack »

The Washington Post even mentions Magnum Mania...http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... i-s-house/

...and did they use one of marlboro's gifs, lol.

BWheelz54
Admiral

#1275 Post by BWheelz54 »

Through Magnum Mania, I have today been called a cultist and a nerd. Yep. They got it right. This is the strangest kind of fun.