Current estate condition

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: Current estate condition

#106 Post by Doc Ibold »

KENJI wrote:Steve you have a good point and that might be the case....at the end of the day it's Eve's place and she can do whatever she wants with the place. I think the estate would look great with a good pruning which would also improve the view, but for whom.....for her to get any privacy she keeps the drapes closed (overgrown plants) so we can't look inwards and I respect that. I bet she would love to look out without us looking in. If somebody sent me a letter stating please clean your place up so we can gawk inside your place I would not be happy and probably start planting another row of plants to block the remaining view inside. As for BK.....he apologized so lets keep it more Magnum like (pleasant) on the forum. :D
Agreed on both points KENJI!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#107 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:Steve you have a good point and that might be the case....at the end of the day it's Eve's place and she can do whatever she wants with the place. I think the estate would look great with a good pruning which would also improve the view, but for whom.....for her to get any privacy she keeps the drapes closed (overgrown plants) so we can't look inwards and I respect that. I bet she would love to look out without us looking in. If somebody sent me a letter stating please clean your place up so we can gawk inside your place I would not be happy and probably start planting another row of plants to block the remaining view inside. As for BK.....he apologized so lets keep it more Magnum like (pleasant) on the forum. :D

You don't know how many times in this economy where most of us are working almost twice as much as we used to, that I have thought of sending off a letter to the good lady and offering my services as a handy man/landscape person for nothing more than room and board.....LOL! (of course if that ever came about I would probably be terminated for sneaking fans onto the grounds for a quick look around)

mikeaz123
Commander

#108 Post by mikeaz123 »

Lol. I thought about doing the same as well! Would be "fun"... get a tan, mow the lawn, trim some hedges, etc, all the while spending some time on the estate.

mikeaz123
Commander

#109 Post by mikeaz123 »

Lily wrote:Expert on all things Hawaii - Bruddah Kimo, some years ago was on another forum - tikiroom.com, where he posted under the name of lanikai. According to that forum, he is as haole as the rest of us and spouted off the same infuriating pidgin and haole talk as he does here. Time to grow up dude, you don't impress one iota.

Well every web forum is bound to have a troll or two.

Estate resident
Captain

#110 Post by Estate resident »

Almost a year later & unfortuneatly no forum member has purchased Robin's Nest w/ his lottery winnings, myself included. I really do hope someone buys the property & restores it to its 1980's condition. Judging from what an investment firm is doing w/ the CoCo Palm hotel I find it suprising an even more famous island property is being allowed to crumble.

Everyone here needs to buy a helluva lotta lotto tickets so we can all one day become estate residents.

Guesthouse resident
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#111 Post by Guesthouse resident »

I'm "Estate Resident" and I can't tell everyone how much it saddens me someone would destroy Robin's Nest. Its like demolishing Graceland. Why???? Anyone w/ the $$ to buy could've rebuilt it. I guess the MPI heritage was too much for him. IDIOT!!!

Guesthouse resident
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#112 Post by Guesthouse resident »

I still cannot believe this will never happen again. What a waste of American/TV culture.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DrLnL ... qXUL5NvxoJ