Magnum guest house in scale

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

latinglory
Ensign

Magnum guest house in scale

#1 Post by latinglory »

Hello Friends,

I tell you that a couple of years ago I started a project that I had in my head for a long time, which was to make a scale model of Robin Master's guest house, occupied by our friend Thomas Sullivan Magnum,
I was thinking of making it in 1/24 scale, but when I finished the plans I realized that it was very big, so I reduced it to a 1/35 scale,
It was a very difficult project but also a lot of fun. because it was necessary to join the interior of the house (a filming set) with the exterior (a boat house).
With several additional problems
Windows and doors that were in one of them and not in the other. and most worrying, was the front of the house, where Magnum's bedroom windows should be, overlooking the sea (with grass and trees in between).
So I had to make some changes to the exterior of the house (a boat house) but always maintaining the architectural line of it, and most importantly,
Making it habitable and according to what it would have been if it had really existed.
that's why always, absolutely always.......
The interior (film set) has priority over the exterior (a boat house).
How to solve it ??
Easy……
Modify the front of the house transforming it into a porch, as do the rest of the buildings in the Robin's nest.
It is not perfect, it has some errors, but surely both Robin Master and Magnum himself would have preferred it to the original. (jajajajaja).
Now the hardest part......
Start building it !!

I leave you a greeting.....

and forgive my bad English !!

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Magnum guest house in scale

#2 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

latinglory wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:51 pm Hello Friends,

I tell you that a couple of years ago I started a project that I had in my head for a long time, which was to make a scale model of Robin Master's guest house, occupied by our friend Thomas Sullivan Magnum,
I was thinking of making it in 1/24 scale, but when I finished the plans I realized that it was very big, so I reduced it to a 1/35 scale,
It was a very difficult project but also a lot of fun. because it was necessary to join the interior of the house (a filming set) with the exterior (a boat house).
With several additional problems
Windows and doors that were in one of them and not in the other. and most worrying, was the front of the house, where Magnum's bedroom windows should be, overlooking the sea (with grass and trees in between).
So I had to make some changes to the exterior of the house (a boat house) but always maintaining the architectural line of it, and most importantly,
Making it habitable and according to what it would have been if it had really existed.
that's why always, absolutely always.......
The interior (film set) has priority over the exterior (a boat house).
How to solve it ??
Easy……
Modify the front of the house transforming it into a porch, as do the rest of the buildings in the Robin's nest.
It is not perfect, it has some errors, but surely both Robin Master and Magnum himself would have preferred it to the original. (jajajajaja).
Now the hardest part......
Start building it !!
I leave you a greeting.....
and forgive my bad English !!
Hi latinglory,
Good luck with your project and when you finish maybe you will share a photo of it with us?

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#3 Post by Aloha Friday »

sounds like a cool project...post pictures of your progress please,
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

metalmoose
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by metalmoose »

Don't forget a tiny rubber chicken!

Riyan17
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#5 Post by Riyan17 »

Magnum Guest House epitomizes luxury in every detail, perfectly scaled to exceed expectations. From its elegant architecture to its meticulous interior design, every aspect reflects a commitment to excellence. The scale of comfort and sophistication offered here is unparalleled, ensuring an unforgettable stay for every guest. Magnum Guest House sets the standard for upscale hospitality, where indulgence meets impeccable service. story saver

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#6 Post by Pahonu »

Riyan17 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:05 am Magnum Guest House epitomizes luxury in every detail, perfectly scaled to exceed expectations. From its elegant architecture to its meticulous interior design, every aspect reflects a commitment to excellence. The scale of comfort and sophistication offered here is unparalleled, ensuring an unforgettable stay for every guest. Magnum Guest House sets the standard for upscale hospitality, where indulgence meets impeccable service. story saver
This is AI generated.