Guest Stars you wish had made a second appearance?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

Re: Guest Stars you wish had made a second appearance?

#16 Post by marlboro »

KingKC wrote: Vic Morrow - Sgt. Jordan
That's a good one.

KingKC wrote: Annie Potts - Tracy Spencer

I have no idea why I like Annie Potts so much, but I do. I never realized that Tracy Spencer = Spencer Tracy. If it's a joke, I'm afraid I don't get it.

KingKC wrote: Jameson Parker and Gerald McCraney - A.J. & Rick SimonKingKC
I wonder why they only did one cross over?

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KingKC »

I, too, was quite disappointed and perplexed that there wasn't at least one more crossover with Simon and Simon. San Diego has a Naval presence and it seems like something could have been created for Magnum to go to San Diego, even if it were at the request of the Navy by calling him back into duty like they did once before. Rick Simon was a Vietnam Vet and some connection could have been made through that commonality. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Little Garwood »

KingKC wrote:I, too, was quite disappointed and perplexed that there wasn't at least one more crossover with Simon and Simon. San Diego has a Naval presence and it seems like something could have been created for Magnum to go to San Diego, even if it were at the request of the Navy by calling him back into duty like they did once before. Rick Simon was a Vietnam Vet and some connection could have been made through that commonality. Wishful thinking, I guess.
Count me as another who would have loved a second S&S crossover. I'm a huge fan of both shows (take a look at the Simon & Simon DVDs thread for that madness) and I say with utter seriousness that "Ki'i's Don't Lie" is the defining TV moment of my childhood. :wink:

A tantalizing moment of potential MPI-S&S crossovers is when Thomas is sitting in the police office in the "L.A." episode. That office was also used by Lt. Marcel "Downtown" Brown in seasons 3-6 of Simon & Simon and by Lt. Abigail Marsh in seasons 7-8.

Oh, if only TM had been I nteracting with the cops of Simon & Simon instead of being out of character in the IMO disappointing "L.A." two-parter!
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by No need to know! »

J Digger Doyle (Oh yeah, how could they miss that chance?)

Mr White Death (A cancer sick Earl Gianelli deciding to spend his last days in Hawaii with his son with the Mafia still wanting his head)

Horace the goat

Tran Quoc Jones

Kate Sullivan (Tyne Daly)

Charlie from the Curse of the King Kamehameha Club

Mai Ling
Onion´s extra?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#20 Post by J.J. Walters »

Erin Gray and Cork Hubbert! :)

On the Hawaiian side -- Al Harrington, Manu Tupou, Zulu, Don Muraco and Rell Sunn!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Little Garwood »

Am I the first one to nominate R.J. Masters (from S6's Summer School) for a second appearance? So be it. I nominate R.J. Masters (who had no clue that Higgins was "really" his uncle). :lol:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#22 Post by Hawaii Winds »

ConchRepublican wrote:I like this idea. There are a few characters I would have liked to have seen return from time to time. My short list would be:

- Philippe Trusseau & Dan Cook in a flashback episode or three
- Brig. Allistair Ffolkes
- Judge Robert Caine & Diane Pauley
- J. Digger Doyle
- Buck Gibson
- Rod Crysler
- Bibi Kiamani
- Tozan
- Lt. Nolan Page

J. "Digger" Doyle, definitely ...

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

marlboro wrote: If the final episode had ran 5 seconds longer, I'm convinced a hang glider with a sun bleached skeleton clinging to it would have crashed into the table where the wedding cake and punchbowl were sitting. Wedding guests covered in a huge splash of fruit punch, frosting, and bits of Darren McGavin's fake beard. Wedding over. Rick's off the hook. One last "Oh...my...GOD!" from Higgins. Roll the credits.
Marlboro,
I think I can safely say that the above is the funniest thing to ever have been written in the history of Magnum Mania. Bravo sir.
Dobie

Higgins: "Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. [Magnum makes an excited face] Very well, you can have one too"

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by steveadl »

I would have liked to see another episode with Simon & Simon guest starring. Maybe this time working a case together with TM from the beginning.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by KingKC »

steveadl wrote:I would have liked to see another episode with Simon & Simon guest starring. Maybe this time working a case together with TM from the beginning.
I always imagined a case where TM comes to San Diego for something in connection with the Navy or an old Navy friend and somehow Rick and A.J. get involved. Maybe even bringing Cynthia Farrell (Dana Delaney) down from LA if this was later in the series.

KingKC

Diandra
Captain

#26 Post by Diandra »

KingKC wrote:
steveadl wrote:I would have liked to see another episode with Simon & Simon guest starring. Maybe this time working a case together with TM from the beginning.
I always imagined a case where TM comes to San Diego for something in connection with the Navy or an old Navy friend and somehow Rick and A.J. get involved. Maybe even bringing Cynthia Farrell (Dana Delaney) down from LA if this was later in the series.

KingKC
I would love to see this, and I always thought Dana and Tom had great chemistry on Magnum!

MikeS
Admiral

#27 Post by MikeS »

I would've liked to see a first appearance of Bruce Willis, a MagLighting..!
MikeS

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#28 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Steve wrote:I love these questions you guys are asking to keep the site interesting and finding out our memebers tastes and opinions.
That being said, my list would include:

J.Digger Doyle
Bibi Kiomani
Margo Perina
Jeannie Lowry
Heather Wilcox

(All for their sex appeal)

And the following actor/actresses for their amazing talent:
Ian McShane
Frank Sinatra
Dennis Haysbert
Stuart Margolin
Sylvia Sidney

Margo was hot in that one!.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

marlboro wrote:Holly Hudson from "The Look"
Charlie from "The Curse of the King Kamehameha Club" (not as a real kahuna though)
J. "Digger" Doyle
Elmo and Lexi Ziller
Nuzo from "Did You See the Sunrise?" (out for revenge)
Keoki - I would like to have seen a follow up to "I Witness"
Tracy Spencer from "Legacy From a Friend" (My favorite of the "annoying" sidekicks)
Linda Andrews from "One Picture is Worth" (I think she worked really well with Magnum)
Han Quing from "Forty" (Funny and colorful side character)
Margo Perina from "Italian Ice" (Of all of the love interests, I think she had the most chemistry with TM.)
Marlboro,
I am enjoying this thread and your above choices. It caused me to wonder though, what would be your choices for "Guests Stars You Wish Had Never Appeared To Begin With"?
My pick is Noah Beery jr. as Floyd Lewellyn in All Roads Lead To Floyd. He sleep walks through the part, in fact I am convinced they woke up him up just as the cameras started to roll then let him go back to sleep as soon as "Cut" was announced. But it's not his fault as the producers had forced him to read the script which would cause anyone to lapse into a coma.