Nudity

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Nudity

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

I knew that would get your attention! I don't know if this has been posted, but I remember watching and taping 'Resolutions", back in May of 1988, when it was originally broadcast(I still have the tape!). I noticed something when I was watching it, and looked at the tape when it was over. When all the guys are in the bar, and get into the fight(Part 2), there is a blonde girl, in a black two piece outfit, dancing up behind them. During the fight, she takes off her top, and in a couple of shots, you can see her breasts! With the new DVD's, I took another look just now, and I was right, she's smiling and flashing!(Around 13:10 on the time). I couldn't believe they got away with it back then when I taped it, but they did! You guys take a look and see for yourselves! And if it has been mentioned before, does it really hurt to mention naked breasts again?
"pickled egg please"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Steve »

In Forty there is almost a breast shot when the lads go into the strip bar......During Magnum's 40th birthday celebration scene at the Chinatown bar, a well-endowed Asian exotic dancer can be seen in the background (in clear view) dancing in a very skimpy T-back bottom (with several clear shots of her backside). This is very racy, almost shocking, for 1987 prime time television and may be a first (woman wearing a T-back with a clear view of the backside).

( taken from the episode page).....

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

One word: tape. ;)

They definitely pushed the boundaries on this one. It's amazing it got past the network censors!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Frodoleader »

I think I wore out our VHS player trying to figure this scene out back in the day!

:oops:
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re: Nudity

#5 Post by Hawaii Winds »

MagnumILWU wrote:I knew that would get your attention! I don't know if this has been posted, but I remember watching and taping 'Resolutions", back in May of 1988, when it was originally broadcast(I still have the tape!). I noticed something when I was watching it, and looked at the tape when it was over. When all the guys are in the bar, and get into the fight(Part 2), there is a blonde girl, in a black two piece outfit, dancing up behind them. During the fight, she takes off her top, and in a couple of shots, you can see her breasts! With the new DVD's, I took another look just now, and I was right, she's smiling and flashing!(Around 13:10 on the time). I couldn't believe they got away with it back then when I taped it, but they did! You guys take a look and see for yourselves! And if it has been mentioned before, does it really hurt to mention naked breasts again?

You now have my attention!

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re:

#6 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Steve wrote:In Forty there is almost a breast shot when the lads go into the strip bar......During Magnum's 40th birthday celebration scene at the Chinatown bar, a well-endowed Asian exotic dancer can be seen in the background (in clear view) dancing in a very skimpy T-back bottom (with several clear shots of her backside). This is very racy, almost shocking, for 1987 prime time television and may be a first (woman wearing a T-back with a clear view of the backside).

( taken from the episode page).....

Im gonna have to watch this one again

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Sisophous »

Here she is from Resolutions part 2. I have the topless photo but I don't want to get on JJs bad side.

There are two girls from the episode Forty.

The Asian girl below I think is a transgender, notice the high cheek bones, not feminine.

The Caucasian girl in the background removes her top but they do not show frontal nudity.

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Mr. Greene »

Also was rewatching "don't eat the snow in Hawaii" and noticed in the scene where the Hawaiian hit man is on the estate with binoculars, he looks up at one of the stewardess on the second floor and as she comes to the window her robe swings open and she is clearly nude. Thank god for HD.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#9 Post by J.J. Walters »

I wouldn't exactly say "nude". She's wearing a nightgown... a see-through nightgown, but it's still a nightgown. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Just for science's sake I have checked that scene and it seems that she's not wearing anything below that gown and it swings quite open to proove that. No panties, no bottoms

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#11 Post by Mr. Greene »

Glad we got science to back up my claim. Makes me love that episode even more

SignGuyHPW
Admiral

#12 Post by SignGuyHPW »

On Magnum's wall in the kitchen area was a painting of a, very clearly, nude woman. In "Tiger Fan" when he gets the call about Tanaka being killed it is extremely visible in the close up shot.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#13 Post by Styles Bitchley »

SignGuyHPW wrote:On Magnum's wall in the kitchen area was a painting of a, very clearly, nude woman. In "Tiger Fan" when he gets the call about Tanaka being killed it is extremely visible in the close up shot.
More info here: Magnum's "Gauguin" Painting.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.