Fall Guy Meets Magnum P.I.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re:

#16 Post by Styles Bitchley »

golfmobile wrote:Since this was posted, I've been looking online for a freeware program that allows downloading (or copying, like a still screen cap) of streaming video so I could record just the section with TS in it and post it somewhere online as a short video (like in my Webshots account) so Jean-Claude can look at it. But I can't find a program that works (HiNet Recorder, which should do this, according to descriptions, crashes on me every time I try to use it).

Does anyone know of such a program? Or how to fix HiNet? Some of the time it seems to indicate I'm missing a codec but when I go looking for that codec, the site where it was no longer exists, apparently, as I get the "page can't be found" prompt.

Can anyone help me here? Or if you can do it yourself, just record those few minutes yourself and post a video for Jean-Claude.

golf
A little late to the party here Golf, but there's a crappy version of the scene now on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unOoc-HQOO4.

I think it's shot with a video camera held up to a tv, but it does the job!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Re: Fall Guy Meets Magnum P.I.

#17 Post by golfmobile »

LOL! Thanks!

I have actually set up our Sony Cybershot on a tripod and filmed something on the flat screen TV when I couldn't figure out how to get it any other way (e.g., the first appearances of Larry Manetti and Roger Moseley on "Vegas"). Hopefully my effort was slightly better.

Off to Kauai tomorrow.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by 308GUY »

golfmobile wrote:

Off to Kauai tomorrow.

golf

There WILL be pictures.......right? :wink:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by KENJI »

Have a great time Golf!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#20 Post by Styles Bitchley »

golfmobile wrote: Off to Kauai tomorrow.
Very jealous! Have fun.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#21 Post by golfmobile »

Thanks, guys! OF COURSE, there will be pictures. Since our 2012 trip to Kauai for which video I used the MPI theme, you may remember, we went to Maui in 2013. But I can't upload it to vimeo and post a link because it's too big and uses copyrighted music for the soundtrack. :cry:

I also have a video of our catamaran sailing trip from Grenada to St. Vincent in May, but it's too big too and uses the same kind of music. Is there any way to share Google Drive documents here? I have both in my Google Drive documents.

golf
"Portside, buddy."