Patience for Season 7 for Region 2

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Vanity
Rear Admiral

Patience for Season 7 for Region 2

#1 Post by Vanity »

To all European MPI fans who are dying to get hold of Season 7 in English version for Region 2, it has just been anounced that the release date will be March 31st, 2008.
I was hoping I would not have to wait until Christmas to get it...now I wish I could have it by then.
Patience, patience...
I know what you're thinking...

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

#2 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

I hope that means region 4 as well. If it doesn't, we have to wait a few months. Damn.
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Whoa, March 31st!? :shock:

Region 2 is usually released a couple of months after Region 1. I hope that doesn't mean they had licensing issues with the music.
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Vanity »

Funnily enough, France is promissing a release early December. However, Universal France does not release Magnum PI with the English version option (except for season 1).

I've got my eyes wide open on the UK, Germany, the Netherlands & France to see who's gonna come first with the correct version.
See, I'm extremely busy these days. But you're right, so far UK had aways been a max of 3 weeks post US release...wonder what happened.

Olivier
Rear Admiral

#5 Post by Olivier »

Someone can tell me if the english version has the french version option ?
The seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 sold in France have only the french version.

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by Vanity »

Désolé Olivier,

I've purchased my first 6 seasons all over Europe.
The only way you can get the French option is if you buy it in France: which comes in French only, not even in English.
Besides, are you aware that for the pat 2 month you can get the full collection through Collection Atlas (I think) at your local newstand ? It comes with a little magazine that talks about the series, the various caracters, Hawaii as a destination, the Vietnam war....
I did not buy any of it as I don't want to have two copies of the episodes and those come quite expensive: Just for your info.

There even was a contest I saw on TV saying that together with a well known radio station playing oldies (Radio Nostalgie) one could win Magnum's car. They never mentioned the scale of it ;o)

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by 308GTS »

Thanks Vanity for that rather dissapointing news. I hope that aren't issues with the music licensing, that would suck.
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Vanity »

Good News for us in Region 2.
France is confirmimg Season 7 for release on Dec.4th. They're announcing that unlike previous seasons, it will also feature English version. I'll tell you more in the afternoon of the 4th.
Still for the rest of Europe the release date is maintained for March 31st...go figure

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Miss Q »

I would guess that you cannot buy the US version as you require it to be in PAL format?
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by 308GTS »

PAL or NTSC matters not as it's possible to watch all US DVD's on many European players. The main issue is one of resolution, NTSC has approx 450lines and PAL/SECAM has at least 525. So the European version has a better picture quality.

Vanity, please keep us posted on the French release.
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#11 Post by Vanity »

Trust me, I'll do so :wink:

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#12 Post by Vanity »

Bad news again.
The release date in France remains unchanged, for this coming tuesday.
On the other hand, Season 7 will be released in French language only. For those of you who don't mind, great. For the rest of us, who what the real stuff, March 31st it shall be :o(
Back to patience. Still I'll check in the stores on Tuesday...just in case the info on the web is incorrect.

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#13 Post by Vanity »

I checked this morning Season 7 that just came out in France and on the 14th in Belgium. Sorry to confirm that it is well all in French.
Guess we'll all have to wait for March 31st. :cry:

Magnum92
Captain

#14 Post by Magnum92 »

Hi Guys, does anyone know when season 7 will arrive in region 4,

Thanks
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#15 Post by J.J. Walters »

Magnum92, unfortunately it's still TBA. :(
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!