New Team Ring on ebay.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by Braddah Kimo »

"I find it dumb to label people by just one aspect -" well then people here are all dumb and have been for decades.
example;'
Someone walks into a local home, does not remove their shoes nor make any attempt at discovering why da heck there happens to be a collection of shoes at the front door. They just walk in and tromp around the house.
That is considered very rude here. The words exchanged then would be "ah, no can help. haole, azz why." In other words they are a foreigner wholly ignorant of local ways and additionally don't even seem to want to learn.

You can't expect humans to immediately alter their perspectives and communication modes by demanding them to label or describe people by numerous aspects only.

Also it IS human nature to be discriminatory. I sometimes hear, "well, that is discrimination!"
the natural response is:
uh yea? sooo?

I mean you are discriminating right now; discrimination means judgement, making fine distinctions. Which means you are discriminating by choosing to read this thread as opposed to say... eating a bagel and cream cheese. Some would respond why don't you eat that bagel and cream cheese? That is discrimination!"
Say you prefer blonds over brunettes. Some would say "hey! That's wrong. That's discrimination! to choose a blonde over a brunette. In fact YOU are wrong by even labelling her a brunette!"
hell. We discriminate daily. And you should never let the politically correct police dictate to you, how to act, feel or speak. Anything less than that is to be subservient to, and empower a fascist state.

Also, I have seen some cross de Lorraine rings on Amazon for about 25 clams. not bad...
I'm discriminating here. Love the cheaper prices. And no other ring aspects do I care for...
(keeping on topic on all counts here...)

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Well, as expected we are turning circles here.

Personal preferences we all have and it has nothing to do with discrimination.
The discrimination starts where the labelling and the judgement starts.

If someone enters a local shop with his shoes on, that may have different reasons:

1. He may have read a lot about Hawaii but did not get informed on that part
2. He may be informed but does not care
3. There may be other reasons for not removing the shoes such as fear of fungus and others - so why is it necessary to get emotional.

The broad-minded person will oversee the stranger's mistake and try to see the person behind the "mistake".

You see the "mistake" and judge them by your own prejudices.
That they don't remove their shoes does not make them bad people and if a house is renovated in a 'haole' way for example does not necessarily mean, that it has been done in a disrespectful way. Maybe people has good intentions by exactly doing so.
That does not make them bad people.

But going into your own standards - your continuous labeling people and actions as 'haole' gives me evidence that you are just a sad old grumpey narrow-minded man ;)

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Well, I am feeling older by the minute. But I have a good time doing it. Not sad at all. Quite happy. Jovial in fact. Merry. but not gay.
Last edited by Braddah Kimo on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Braddah Kimo »

I don't believe I could label people either
"bad people".
or Good" people"..
That sounds too polyanna ish. Or sunday school.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#35 Post by N1095A »

Whoa ! How did my post turn into a big fight? I was just trying to share a little information here.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by Magnum T. »

Come on guys!
Do you want to go on and fight forever?
I hope not.
So let's stop this unpleasant OT!
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Braddah Kimo »

guy asked about the word haole.
I explained.
no fight.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by MagnumILWU »

I can label people: Your idiots!
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by Braddah Kimo »

MagnumILWU wrote: Your idiots!
Yes!
But, your what are idiots?

N1095A

#40 Post by N1095A »

Anyway, Don't know if anyone is following this thread any more except to fight, but the ring (remember the original topic?) came last week. It's awsome. It has the oval shape, but is missing the concave sides of the original. Other than that it fits very well, true to size, and looks very professionally done. For the price, a GREAT ring.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by MagnumILWU »

It's nice to see people stay on topic! Glad your happy with your ring!
"pickled egg please"

N1095A

#42 Post by N1095A »

I'll put up a photo or 2 as soon as I get the chance. We're in heavy storm recovery mode here right now. May take a little while.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by 308GUY »

Were you able to get pics of that ring yet?? :D
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by MagnumILWU »

Magnum T. wrote:
MagnumILWU wrote:http://magnum-mania.com/images/team_rin ... _order.jpg I may be prejudice, but I still think this is the best looking ring I have seen!
Uhm... the cross looks too big compared to the black area.
My opinion.

I like the steel ring but, as usual, the seller doesn't ship to Italy.
This is the second time I spot a steel team ring on the Bay, the second time I can't get it.
It must be a plot!
Since this ring was sold by Larry Manetti, and was an exact copy of the rings on the show, your opinion is just wrong! It still is the best looking ring I have seen in this forum! And if all of you are true Magnum fans, why would you want a steel or silver ring? On the show they were all gold!
"pickled egg please"

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by 308GUY »

MagnumILWU wrote:Since this ring was sold by Larry Manetti, and was an exact copy of the rings on the show, your opinion is just wrong! It still is the best looking ring I have seen in this forum! And if all of you are true Magnum fans, why would you want a steel or silver ring? On the show they were all gold!
I agree completly. But you can't get that ring anymore...sent an email through LM site (contact us) asking about those rings. I can post the response, but in a nutshell, was told there were only two rings presently available, one was the ring he wore in the show (seems highly unlikely) that can be bought for $5,500...or one done in brass size 10 for $700.

I'm looking to spend around what the rings ILWU described that were sold through tabloid ads for $20-$30, or at least something a little more within reach of us "little people"/fans.

Also got a quote from Rocknrobbie (sp?) he is around the $300 mark, so the $25 knockoff is starting to look better. Would I rather have a gold one that was more "accurate" to the ones in the show?.....sure, just not at a price that's gonna break the bank!:D

If anybody knows where a better one can be had, I'd appreciate the info, and I'll guess I'm not alone...but ya never know!:)
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"