Just got back from an Estate visit

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#16 Post by Jeffrey »

Thanks for the tips Mack :)
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Steve »

It's so funny you mention the snorkel shot. My wife loved our trip to Hawaii as it was her first and my second. As you all know, a Hawaii vacation is not cheap so I covertly convinced her that doing Oahu instead of Maui (her choice) would be so much cheaper for us. Of course I had visits to The Anderson Estate, Diamondhead Studios and The Elks Club in my mind all along. Now, she wants to go back and have us do Maui so, I am now trying to convince her that we can do Waikiki and Maui cheaper than just Maui. She suspiciously asked why I would like to go back to Oahu again and my son blurted out, "he keeps telling me he regrets not holding you up in the Tidal Pool, staring at your butt and getting a picture of it".

Steve
Chicago

FalcOS
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#18 Post by FalcOS »

I just went to Google Maps and found the place. Type:

"Kalanianaole Highway 41-505 hawaii"

at: http://maps.google.com/

Than switch to "Satellite" and zoom in to see the estate.

I would love to see more pictures from people who went there.

wilko
Captain

#19 Post by wilko »

Nice pictures. I'm surprised nobody has built a replica of Robin's Nest somewhere else in the world.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#20 Post by IslandHopper »

Steve wrote:It's so funny you mention the snorkel shot. My wife loved our trip to Hawaii as it was her first and my second. As you all know, a Hawaii vacation is not cheap so I covertly convinced her that doing Oahu instead of Maui (her choice) would be so much cheaper for us. Of course I had visits to The Anderson Estate, Diamondhead Studios and The Elks Club in my mind all along. Now, she wants to go back and have us do Maui so, I am now trying to convince her that we can do Waikiki and Maui cheaper than just Maui. She suspiciously asked why I would like to go back to Oahu again and my son blurted out, "he keeps telling me he regrets not holding you up in the Tidal Pool, staring at your butt and getting a picture of it".

Steve
Chicago
That's a great story Steve. Your son's comment sounds exactly like something my son would say. My son wouldn't be able to keep that a secret either. :lol:
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Miss Q »

Actually my husband claims he has no interest in going to Hawaii.... finally he admitted he didn't want to be dragged all arounf the island looking at different MPI locations.... hmmm, where would he ever get that idea from :oops: well, I have never said it out loud, I guess he knows me too well :?
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Mack
Commander

#22 Post by Mack »

Thats why we need a convention Miss Q. We would all love to be dragged around looking at MPI stuff.
Hana Hou!

MBJR9
Commander

#23 Post by MBJR9 »

Looks like everybody that has gone has had a fantastic time.

I really hope that I can make it to Hawaii someday, swimming in the tidal pool would be ridiculously awesome!

Icepick
Admiral

#24 Post by Icepick »

I still have pics coming guys from my Oct visit but I have to develop them off of an underwater camera and I haven't had time lately.

bradchambers
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#25 Post by bradchambers »

I've wanted to visit Hawaii since I first started watching MPI at 9 years old. Seeing these pics and knowing that I can enjoy the tidal pool as if I were a guest of Robin Masters makes me want to start saving now and putting a date on the calendar! The advent of google earth, being able to zoom around the island and actually see the estate and the pier, and with this awesome website as a reference source, I'm going to start planning my trip, even if it's a couple years off!

wilko
Captain

#26 Post by wilko »

The Anderson house is itself quite beautiful architecturally, especially looking out from the enclosed courtyard towards the tennis courts and the raised area overlooking the tidal pool. Perhaps the driveway area where the cars are parked near the front door could be better prepared. When it rains I am guessing you have a lot of muddy puddles.