Magnum DVD's in Ontario?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Ardie Canoe
Ensign

Magnum DVD's in Ontario?

#1 Post by Ardie Canoe »

Hi all!

Great site here. I am really excited to jump on board as a I have a huge love for the show and look forward to all the insights and opinions that you guys have.

As it stands right now I have pieced through seasons 1-4 on DVD, but have hit a brick wall. I have had no luck at all in finding seasons 5-8. It's like all the stock dried up. I live in a town called Georgetown, Ontario and it's fairly close to Toronto, yet finding the series is proving really difficult.

I know what you're thinking, I should go to Blockbuster.......well I did and they just announced that all locations are closing and trying to find someone on the phone that wants to help is nearly impossible.

I would really love to find a place that has em, if not to own than just to rent so I can finish off the series.

My "little voice" told me to ask here....thanks in advance!

Cam

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Coops »

I got all 8 of my seasons on DVD from Amazon. No shortage there last I checked.

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Brian »

Sneakers Higgins!!

Ardie Canoe
Ensign

#4 Post by Ardie Canoe »

Thanks for input guys.

I did look at amazon and found some decent prices there. Unfortunately, when I tried to order, I got the message saying that they would not ship to my location. (Season 7 for 15.99!)

The Canadian amazon sites prices were pretty prohibitive and I was looking for perhaps a local or used option.

Any other ideas?

Cam

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

I hate to say it, but.... Walmart?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#6 Post by Styles Bitchley »

You can easily buy them on amazon.ca - no problem with shipping. Sounds like it's more than you want to spend. http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u ... pi&x=0&y=0

I'd call all the Walmarts in Mississauga and Toronto and ask them to check their inventory. Other than that, you could keep checking Craigslist and Kijiji - might pop up.

Or how about using Netflix? I know they stream stuff, but don't they still send you the DVDs in the mail? I've never used Netfix, but it may be your cheapest option.

Good luck.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Ardie Canoe
Ensign

#7 Post by Ardie Canoe »

I have looked at the local walmart, Future Shop and Best Buy.

Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it.

I did how ever order seasons 7 and 8. Will order 5 and 6 when I get a decent deal on them.

Thanks!

Cam

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Lily »

Ardie, I am a fellow Canadian and ended up buying the majority of my Magnum colllection on either E-Bay or Amazon. Never ever had any luck at Walmart stores here in Canada, whereas was able to purchase a couple over the years at Walmart when in Hawaii.

Good luck with completing your collection.