? for those who have a Team Ring.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

? for those who have a Team Ring.

#1 Post by N1095A »

Do you wear it regularly? Every day? Has anyone commented on it and the relationship to MPI?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by only looking »

Reguarly..yes..but not to work..have a VERY manual labor job and dont want EXCESS wear on it, but once I'm done for the day or when I go out..its on. Have had a few.."OH THATS LIKE MAGNUMS RING"...but more so.."where do I know that from".....Regardless...people always like the design...very unique! :wink: Mine is from Rocknrobbie's, and it's from the original mold that the series used. So can't get much closer than that. :D
Last edited by only looking on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Dakota Ellison
Lieutenant

#3 Post by Dakota Ellison »

I wear mine all the time. Only occasionly does someone get the Magnum connection. (I wear a Tigers ball cap too,so go figure) The last time someone noticed the ring they asked if it was a Knights Templar ring. I usually tell people it's a
Croix de Lorraine, sign of the French resistance in WWII, as seen in Casablanca. The last time someone made the connection was in an Orvis retail store about six months ago. The salesman was a Magnum fan too, and wanted to know where I got the ring. (it's a Lighter Side ring) We had a nice chat about the show.

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Karrnut »

All the time, and it's starting to show its ware. There are scratches and nicks in it, and no, I have never had a comment on the ring one way or another. Funny thing is I had two different rings before this one and both got comments? Mine is the silver one you can buy on E-Bay, I think I paid about $50-$60 for it about a year ago. When I watch the show I think this one is smaller, and I am not sure but isn't the one "they" ware gold?
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Brian »

I wear my team ring everyday, ordered mine from J. R. Design. I have had a few comments on my ring and some of my friends want to order one as well.
Sneakers Higgins!!

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by wwmd »

I wear my Team Ring every day. I also wear Ray Ban Shooters and a Rolex look-alike!

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Hawaii84
Captain

#7 Post by Hawaii84 »

Wear it at times....not often....I usually wear my universty class ring. I have the Lighter Side ring, as well.....I also go with the French Resistance/Casablanca connection.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Magnum T. »

My favourite is the Lighter Side version but it costs way too much.
Seems that the only alternative is the "sterling silver" version that can be found on eBay (J.R. Design).
I am not a jewelry expert but I have been told that silver tends to tarnish.
Is that true?
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by Karrnut »

I have one of the silver rings, and they don't tarnish. About the worst that happens is that they will dull ever so slightly, then you just hit it with some polish and its good as new. I use Flitz just because I have it around. And I agree, the Lighter Side ring is great, but the price..ouch.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Magnum T. »

Thanks Karrnut, you solved one of my doubts.
I am not sure I want to spend 200$ on the silver one, I've never weared rings so I don't know how it feels.
Another problem is the size, mine seems to be 11 1/4 and I think there are only half sizes.
Gotta think about it.
Anyway thanks.
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by wwmd »

You could always get a size close to yours and then have it resized at a jeweler. That's what I did.

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#12 Post by Karrnut »

The ring I bought (silver) was on e-bay, and the seller still is there @ http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnum-PI-Team-Ring ... 3a6466a711,
He is trying to get $102.00 for it but you may find it for less if you search around e-bay. I bought mine a year ago for about $50.00, but silver, like gold has gone up. As for sizing; just google "ring sizing" and you will get a cut out chart to use. The silver ring is smaller then the on-screen ring, as such it is also lighter and for someone new to rings, should be easier to get used too.
Good Luck!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by steveadl »

Never take mine off - same as my gold necklace from the International Marketplace in Honolulu.

Had my ring made for me by a jeweller I know over here in Australia. There's pictures of it on the site here somewhere, but too hard to try and find the link.

Few comments here from customers asking me what it means. I don't generally go into detail. Couple of my friends worked out where it was from though.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Magnum T. »

@wwmd
In that case I suppose I would have to go for the larger size right?
But how do they resize it?
I mean one can tell if a ring has been resized? There are signs of some kind?

@karrnut
It's a funny thing, very funny!
That ring you pointed me to is shipped practically all over the world except to Italy.
Guess where I am.
This guy has to have something with Italians since he has the same ring on auction here
but at 174$. Add 24.50$ for shipping and you got 198.50$.
And on this sort of item almost certainly I will have to pay customs, import tax or whatever it is called.
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#15 Post by Karrnut »

Just a thought: If someone you know in the USA buys it, then ships it to you wrapped as a gift...do you still have to import fees on it?