What is it about Magnum? Also why not All for One?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

brianharr123
Lieutenant Junior Grade

What is it about Magnum? Also why not All for One?

#1 Post by brianharr123 »

So I am recently revisting Magnum..... I don't know what it is about the show but it brings me back to a place..... I was in 8th grade and had mono I was of school for three weeks. It was the late 80's nd I ended up watchign Magnum each day....I loved it. Something about watching it now brings me back to the 80"s....despite being sick then I remember it as a really nice time....There is just something about the show that I love....and I think it has alot to do with the Hawaii backdrop

Anyway most episodes are available on letmewatchthis.com....search under tv.... all 8 seasons...but season two and three are messed up.....as you pull up each episode play it on the "loombo" player

Also how did "All for one" not make the best episodes list....the one where they go back to get jj quincannon

JJ Quincannon
Lieutenant Commander

#2 Post by JJ Quincannon »

Hello brianharr123, Welcome aboard I guess it is obvious from my screen name that I feel the same way about All for One. It has always been one of my favorites. There are so many great episodes though that it would be hard for me to narrow it down to ten but All for One would be there.
"Ouuuta Sight"

Lar
Captain

#3 Post by Lar »

All For One is definitely a favorite of mine as well.
The Northeast Ohio Video Hunter: http://neovideohunter.wordpress.com/

brianharr123
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#4 Post by brianharr123 »

Thanks for the welcome guys I am really happy to have found this site....I am currenly unemployed and just broke my ankle and have been in bed for the last week..... All I have been watching is Magnum....Like I said it brings me to a good place and I just love it.....totally addicted

Another quality I love about Magnum is that Thomas Magnum is a big baby....its so funny..... from the way he whines to the faces he makes....to when he drops his head when aggravated....even to that high pitched laugh he has....I was just watching Dream a little dream at the beginning when higgens is knocking on his door.. Magnum asked who was there and higgens responded Magnum (as in he was calling out to him rather than answering his question)and magnum replied "Magnum who" and then lit into one of the funniest high pitch laughs it was absolutely hilarious.....

anyway glad to be here so i too can share my addiction

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Welcome Brian,

Always nice to see new blood 'round here. For some reason, All for One doesn't grab me. I don't know why because I think it's kinda cool in a Chuck Norris Missing in Action kinda way. Maybe I'll have to revisit it.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard Brian! All for One isn't a bad episode but it isn't one of my tops.

brianharr123
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#7 Post by brianharr123 »

Thanks for the welcome guys.... glad to be aboard

I guess to each his/her own.... I think my favorite episode is Home from the sea....as I know many share that thought

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#8 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Home from the Sea is my favorite as well, and it seems to be popular with most on the board.

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by steveadl »

Totally there with you Brian - Magnum makes me feel like I'm back in the '80's and just can't get enough of the Hawaiian back drop.

grundle
Admiral

#10 Post by grundle »

In "All for One," by a weird coincidence, the plant life and mountain ranges in Cambodia look exactly like the plant life and mountain ranges in Hawaii.

brianharr123
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#11 Post by brianharr123 »

LOL.... When they were on the riverboat I made that exact same mental note