The last Magnum PI episode you see...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

The last Magnum PI episode you see...

#1 Post by Frodoleader »

It is funny how the minds works, but I recently had a bizarre thought: if I were about to leave this world (that is, die) and I had a single opportunity to watch one more Magnum PI episode before checking out, which one would it be?
An obvious choice could be Limbo, with its tying up of loose ends and the walk into the hereafter by our hero. Or maybe Unfinished Business. This episode has a good mix of redemption and forgiveness. How about Home from the Sea, where a young TM says goodbye to his father. Or maybe a light-hearted comedy romp is your final send-off?

If you were faced with this decision, which episode would you choose and why? As for me, I haven't decided yet. I'll let you know later.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

"Birdman of Budapest"!

:)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

John.1962
Commander

#3 Post by John.1962 »

Italian Ice!
I'm not sure why, but the mix of romance (Mimi Rogers is just plain beautiful in this episode and in my opinion is the best match for Magnum of any girl in the series) and humor (the whole scratch on the Ferrari routine is my favorite) just makes this episode the best of the what Magnum is about. Yes, it doesn't have the great stories of Memories are Forever or Did You See the Sunrise, but it is just good natured TM at his best.

Tropical Madness would probably be close.

I just couldn't watch one of the heavier Magnums as the last one. I'd have to go out with a lighter one.

Of course, heaven to me (which is where I hope I go when I die) would consist of watching Magnums (what else would bring that level of joy? :D ). And if they don't watch Magnums there in the afterlife, then I need to find out where they do!

Donuts ensucrats
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Donuts ensucrats »

"China Doll" or "The eight part of the village" :D
Mare de Déu Senyor!!!!!!

JT
Captain

#5 Post by JT »

Paper War, just to go out with a smile on my face.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#6 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I say China Doll too. I think it's my all around fave episode.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

HiHo
Commander

#7 Post by HiHo »

China Doll...or Black on White.
"I know what you're thinking..."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Steve »

Perhaps a little too intense but still my all time favorite is Death and Taxes. Somehow seems appropriate as well...............

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by sophia »

I couldn't pick just one episode. :?
I prefer the ones that make me laugh.

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by AmandaByNight »

Steve wrote:Perhaps a little too intense but still my all time favorite is Death and Taxes. Somehow seems appropriate as well...............
It's one of my favorites as well. It was the first episode I thought of.

Then maybe I'd got with a two-parter so I could have a little extra time! :)

Oh, and Of Sound Mind, because it's hysterical.

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Miss Q »

Memories are Forever
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Frodoleader »

Although I started this thread, I am still not sure what my episode would be. I am kind of leaning toward "Little Girl Who".

or "China Doll"

or "Death & Taxes"

or...aagh!! I can't decide!!
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#13 Post by Pahonu »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I say China Doll too. I think it's my all around fave episode.
I'm with Styles. I think China Doll is the best episode they made. It has everything. I guess they peaked early!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#14 Post by Styles Bitchley »

AmandaByNight wrote:Then maybe I'd got with a two-parter so I could have a little extra time! :)
Hmm. Good idea Amanda. If I'm about to face the firing squad, I'd go with a two parter too. I might go a little controversial here though and say L.A. There's something I really like about that episode. Did You See the Sun Rise would be too dark for that particular moment in life.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by AmandaByNight »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
AmandaByNight wrote:Then maybe I'd got with a two-parter so I could have a little extra time! :)
Hmm. Good idea Amanda. If I'm about to face the firing squad, I'd go with a two parter too. I might go a little controversial here though and say L.A. There's something I really like about that episode. Did You See the Sun Rise would be too dark for that particular moment in life.
Don't forget to get some Old Dusselfdorf in a long neck bottle with your last supper! And maybe throw in some jelly donuts just to sentimental!