Magnum back on air!!!!!!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lar
Captain

#16 Post by Lar »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Lar wrote:Besides Magnum, I can watch Rockford, Quincy, Hulk, Emergency, and so many others shows they have for hours. RTV is what TV Land used to be, for me at least.

Since American Life TV is playing Hill Street Blues 4 times a week now, I just need ION to bring back Quantum Leap, and someone to start playing Miami Vice and Hunter again, and I'll be all set!
Dude, you certainly have a lot of free time! I want your job.
LOL no, not much free time, just DVR! :wink: I usually run through a few eps at night after work, and maybe a few before I go to work, though.
Last edited by Lar on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lar
Captain

#17 Post by Lar »

Dervish wrote:Does anyone think the Retro airing of Magnum P.I. seems kind of grainy? I feel like I'm watching a VHS tape. I don't remember the Sleuth airings looking like this, but then again I only saw 1-2 episodes on Sleuth before they took it off their lineup.
You're absolutely right. Sleuth's broadcasts (of pretty much everything they aired) were beautiful, like watching a DVD. At first I thought the graniness of Retro's stuff was due to our affiliate being pretty low power (as it always was), but now it seems that they're just using old 'masters' (?). On the plus side, I've noticed non-syndicated openings being used instead of the standard ones like WGN aired (if I recall correctly, the broadcast quality was also better on WGN).

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#18 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Dervish wrote:Does anyone think the Retro airing of Magnum P.I. seems kind of grainy? I feel like I'm watching a VHS tape. I don't remember the Sleuth airings looking like this, but then again I only saw 1-2 episodes on Sleuth before they took it off their lineup.
It looks ok on my tv screen, but I have DirecTv and I watch it on a hdtv, so I guess the picture is clearer for me.

The thing that I can't stand is the generic descriprion of each episode on my guide:

"Drama, Mystry/crime. Tom Selleck, John Hillerman, Roger E. Mosley.
Private investigator Thomas Magnum investigates crimes in Hawaii. CC, Series."
Tell me something I don't know, Sherlock! Like say, the title of the episode airing! :roll: :roll:

Dervish
Rear Admiral

#19 Post by Dervish »

It looks like Retro took Magnum off its line-up. Since the beginning of this week, 11 PM - Midnight slot has been the home of various infomercials. Despite this, the schedules still say Magnum P.I. is on.

I also watched it on HDTV.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#20 Post by Italian Ice »

It's also on Deja View now too
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Steve »

I love our Retro-Station here in Chicago. I already posted how during the Summer they have been showing different classic series in a 12 hour marathon format (yesterday was Sea Hunt). Today, they actually are doing a Christmas in September marathon showing different series Christmas episodes. The Magmun,pi show was..Operation Silent Night of course...What a Station!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#22 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Steve wrote:I love our Retro-Station here in Chicago. I already posted how during the Summer they have been showing different classic series in a 12 hour marathon format (yesterday was Sea Hunt). Today, they actually are doing a Christmas in September marathon showing different series Christmas episodes. The Magmun,pi show was..Operation Silent Night of course...What a Station!
That sounds like my kind of station!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#23 Post by J.J. Walters »

Italian Ice wrote:It's also on Deja View now too
Not any more. Magnum has been completely removed in the Fall 2009 schedule. They replaced the M-F 5:00PM slot with, get this, The Cosby Show! Even in syndication, Cosby is still a thorn in Magnum's side! The Sat.-Sun. 9:00AM and 6:00PM time slots have been replaced with Saved by the Bell and Coach. :?

Magnum is not on Sleuth anymore, either. :?

The smart money says it'll be back, though. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#24 Post by Italian Ice »

Really? I just saw a commercial the other day. Oh well...
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

I.I., are you sure? Deja View's Fall 2009 schedule has it completely removed.

http://www2.canada.com/specialtytv/deja ... Fall09.pdf

Maybe there are regional differences in DV's lineup?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Paradise Found
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#26 Post by Paradise Found »

MPI is on every friday, saturday, and sunday night at about 3am on my local CBS Station WCAX. I set the DVR and watch a few when I need a break from the winter weather

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#27 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Not any more. Magnum has been completely removed in the Fall 2009 schedule. They replaced the M-F 5:00PM slot with, get this, The Cosby Show! Even in syndication, Cosby is still a thorn in Magnum's side! The Sat.-Sun. 9:00AM and 6:00PM time slots have been replaced with Saved by the Bell and Coach. :?

Magnum is not on Sleuth anymore, either. :?

The smart money says it'll be back, though. ;)
They removed it from my local RTN and replaced it with "I Spy." Cosby strikes again.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by MACattack »

I AM a Tigers fan!!!!!!!
I just don't give a damn!

sack
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#29 Post by sack »

It was broadcasted daily at my place until Spring 2009, after that I invested in the whole DVD-Set and I never regret it ever since :D

Kimbosan
Captain

#30 Post by Kimbosan »

Hi Guys,

I think I mentioned it before in another post, but just to confirm MPI is back on air here in Perth Australia on Seven2....

Astounding!

Kimbo. :D
Kimbosan