The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#226 Post by Sam »

Steve,
We only had 3 must visits on Oahu.

Trattoria-Torn down in 2005 for the Beach Walk development.

Coconut Willy's-Now closed

Eggs N Things-Thankfully still open so I can get my Portuguese Sausage and Eggs breakfast.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#227 Post by Sam »

steveadl,
I noticed that too,appears much closer than satellite image.
Two days until you leave, correct? Maybe you should hop the fence and get some good pics of the area.
:) :)

Did you get a chance to checkout RC's location guide?

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#228 Post by steveadl »

Sam,

Unless it's another hidden nook behind that wall as well before you reach the perimeter - the estate always seems to have some hidden secrets!

I have checked out RC's guide yes - been making a lot of use of Google Earth the last few days. Have made a list of places I want to check out (both Magnum related and not) and sure we'll come across a whole lot more once we're there. We leave tomorrow afternoon and travel back in time to get to Honolulu Friday morning. 8)

Would be awesome to see inside, but I don't think I'll be jumping the fence - I can't believe some people do that!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#229 Post by Sam »

steveadl,

I never thought of that but yes,it certainly is possible.I read that there is an outdoor shower in that area.

Have a great trip.

brunoffrance
Captain

#230 Post by brunoffrance »

steveadl wrote:Sam,

Unless it's another hidden nook behind that wall as well before you reach the perimeter - the estate always seems to have some hidden secrets!

I have checked out RC's guide yes - been making a lot of use of Google Earth the last few days. Have made a list of places I want to check out (both Magnum related and not) and sure we'll come across a whole lot more once we're there. We leave tomorrow afternoon and travel back in time to get to Honolulu Friday morning. 8)

Would be awesome to see inside, but I don't think I'll be jumping the fence - I can't believe some people do that!
I've had the same idea to see inside, of course, as that looks like desert... but if you see inside from the beach, there was indications that some one is there and finally there was a guy that works in the main house....

Don't forget it's a private property and you 're in USA and you 're not T.Magnum during an investigation...
So you're not alone too on this beach but you 're certainly the only one "white" along the hawaiians there , that are looking you because you are at their home....

May be , try to contact the worker ... that i have try to do but my reaction was too late and I suppose he 'ld not accept that a "tourist" come in the property to take photos....it was only now, one month ago .

Tell us your experience...

Bruno.
Very american 4 a french...

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#231 Post by Steve »

One suggestion on trying to actually get into the hallowed grounds of The Estate is to do some research and try and find out when "The Pug Owners and Breeders of the Sandwich Islands" or whatever the Pug owners call themselves have their outing, wherein Ms. Anderson invites them to her property for a day of fun, frolic and swimming in the Tidal Pool.........

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#232 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Steve wrote:One suggestion on trying to actually get into the hallowed grounds of The Estate is to do some research and try and find out when "The Pug Owners and Breeders of the Sandwich Islands" or whatever the Pug owners call themselves have their outing, wherein Ms. Anderson invites them to her property for a day of fun, frolic and swimming in the Tidal Pool.........
Yes, I was there for just such an occasion a few years ago - just a coincidence. I was able to go past the gate and down the drive, but showing up without a dog and looking the part of a tourist I stood out like a sore thumb. Someone gave me a knowing look that said 'I know why you're here and I get it, but please leave'. I didn't want to be rude, so I split. I'll post the photos I took here once I get around to it.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#233 Post by N1095A »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Steve wrote:One suggestion on trying to actually get into the hallowed grounds of The Estate is to do some research and try and find out when "The Pug Owners and Breeders of the Sandwich Islands" or whatever the Pug owners call themselves have their outing, wherein Ms. Anderson invites them to her property for a day of fun, frolic and swimming in the Tidal Pool.........
Yes, I was there for just such an occasion a few years ago - just a coincidence. I was able to go past the gate and down the drive, but showing up without a dog and looking the part of a tourist I stood out like a sore thumb. Someone gave me a knowing look that said 'I know why you're here and I get it, but please leave'. I didn't want to be rude, so I split. I'll post the photos I took here once I get around to it.

Note to all MPI fans visiting Oahu, FIND A DOG RENTAL PLACE !! :D :D
In a related note, I'd advise you not show up in a Detroit Tigers cap and Jungle bird shirt, or any combination there of.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#234 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Someone gave me a knowing look that said 'I know why you're here and I get it, but please leave'. I didn't want to be rude, so I split. I'll post the photos I took here once I get around to it.
Did you at least respond -

"Chill out Higgy baby"

As you left?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

PhatCat
Admiral

#235 Post by PhatCat »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote: Someone gave me a knowing look that said 'I know why you're here and I get it, but please leave'. I didn't want to be rude, so I split. I'll post the photos I took here once I get around to it.

"Chill out Higgy baby"

As you left?
HAHAHAHA! That just made me laugh!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#236 Post by Pahonu »

steveadl wrote:
Sam wrote:Steveadl...check page 19 in this thread.
Awesome Sam, just what I was after. Thanks mate :)

Odd, looking at a couple of the photos in the Zip file - there seems to be a stone wall about 5-10m from the end of the main building (looking from the archway), yet from the satelite image the distance to the boundary is over 20m.
Steve,

Having seen that same discrepency, I believe this is an example of the camera lens causing a phenomenon called foreshortening. Certain lenses visually compress the depth of field. In all likelyhood, that is the perimeter wall in the shot. It just appears closer.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#237 Post by N1095A »

Sadly while attending the last Pug Party at the Anderson Estate, Brutus was politely asked to leave. No explanation was given.

Last edited by N1095A on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#238 Post by J.J. Walters »

LOL! Styles, Conch, and Mike! :lol:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Kimbosan
Captain

#239 Post by Kimbosan »

My heart sank and I broke out in a cold sweat when I read with horror on the forum about Eve’s property, I don’t believe it’s true, however there is a large portion of land in the local area is being redeveloped and I have read a document relating to this proposed development, it doesn’t impact on the property, and the turtle pond is listed as a significant heritage site 80-15-1037 this was lodged on the 9/2/1978; I am thinking that the post was incorrect.
If anyone is interested i will post the location of the document and you can read it and make up your own mind.

Kimbosan.....
Kimbosan

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#240 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ConchRepublican wrote:

"Chill out Higgy baby"

As you left?
I wish I could have come up with that in a pinch, Conch! LMAO!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.