The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MadBuck0186
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#211 Post by MadBuck0186 »

Here's some pictures that you talked about in your post.

[IMG]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk46 ... 316ep8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk46 ... /24ap7.jpg[/IMG]
SDM

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#212 Post by steveadl »

Still wading through the threads here, so sorry if this has already been discussed....

Do we ever see in the episodes behind the main house on the Anderson Estate? So I'm referring to the western side of the estate, at the northern end right behind the house, and at the south western side which looks like quite a large wooded area but doesn't seem to appear in many shots?

I know in the episodes when they go through that big archway it is supposed to lead to the guest house, but we know this is then cut to the eastern side of the estate where the boat house is. Do they ever use the western side of the estate in the show?

brunoffrance
Captain

The last video of the site

#213 Post by brunoffrance »

hi there;
As i'm just comen from the Anderson house, here is the video I've taken from the tidal pool....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nat_k45vMTE

Some photos on my blog at the letter M ( Magnum ) from each side ( sea and road )....

if that can help you

Bruno
Very american 4 a french...

PhatCat
Admiral

#214 Post by PhatCat »

Great video!

How do we get to your blog?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#215 Post by Sam »

It's posted at.....Robins Nest - this can't be !!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#216 Post by golfmobile »

It's a little tough to find, but try

here

Very interesting . . . . English translation is probably too literal for the true, perhaps idiomatic, meaning, but you can understand most of it, I think.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

brunoffrance
Captain

#217 Post by brunoffrance »

Hi ;
sorry to have forgotten to give you my blog adress ...

you can go on it by clicking the WWW button with the little house on each message I write...

or

click here:

http://american-dream-in-france.blogspot.com/

and go to the letter "M"...for the photos....

Bruno.
Very american 4 a french...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#218 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hi, Bruno! Good to see you again!

Still on your never-ending tour of the U.S. I see. Great pictures and videos of Hawaii! :)

I'm with you on the Cheesecake Factory; way overrated! ;)

Votre épouse est d'une manière éblouissante belle!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#219 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Also let me say The Cheesecake Factory is overrated. I think most chains, in general, are overrated.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#220 Post by Sam »

Steveadl...check page 19 in this thread.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#221 Post by Steve »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Also let me say The Cheesecake Factory is overrated. I think most chains, in general, are overrated.
That is one of the problems with Waikiki Beach and Kalakaua Avenue. It has become a street of theme/chain restaurants and Rodeo Drive high end Shops. My wife, son and I after trying the Cheeseburger in Paradises, the various way too expensive restaurants at the Hilton Hawaiian Village where we were staying, and various other chains, happened upon Cocunut Willies on a Friday night while my wife dragged me into the International Village Marketplace to buy our son a $100.00 ukelele that was probably worth about $20.00. What a great place with live music, dancing, excellent coconut and garlic shrimp, burgers and of course Mai Tai's to die for. There was even a Magnum episode when he was in the International Market Place and was around the Banyon Tree and the stairs you walk up to get to it. Highly recommended if you are like I am and love the type of places you see on "Diners, Drive Inns and Dives" on The Food Channel.........

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#222 Post by Sam »

Steve...Always managed to get there at least two nights on every trip.I was sadden to hear that it's now closed.There is however a new CW on Beach Walk but I doubt it's the same.

I saw the post of the closing here.
http://as2h.com/be18a3

The episode where TM is standing by the sign and stairs was "Laura"
http://as2h.com/855ee4

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#223 Post by Steve »

Wow, Thanks Sam......Too bad the joynt had character as they say......... There was an Elvis look alike and I am fairly sure a transsexual or two in there the night we went but all having a great time with an excellent band. Sounds like the new one is going to cater to a younger "more sophisticated" crowd........

Jaybird
Admiral

#224 Post by Jaybird »

For a spot to eat in the Waikiki area, I'd recommend Ono Hawaiian Foods.
Very "local" Hawaiian food. Small, Cash only. Get there early. 726 Kapahulu Ave which is the main thoroughfare from Waikiki Beach to H1, 7 blocks up from the main drag.
Steve, I guess transexuals are a common site. "Mahu" is the local phrase, not to be said directly as I think it is a somewhat derogatory translation.

Bruno, great video! Merci beaucoup! Sad to see how much of the beach at Robin's Nest is gone. Next time I am over there I'll time a visit to coincide with low tide!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#225 Post by steveadl »

Sam wrote:Steveadl...check page 19 in this thread.
Awesome Sam, just what I was after. Thanks mate :)

Odd, looking at a couple of the photos in the Zip file - there seems to be a stone wall about 5-10m from the end of the main building (looking from the archway), yet from the satelite image the distance to the boundary is over 20m.