The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#166 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

'Novel Connection' may (no pun intended) be the connection.

I haven't seen the Hawaii episodes in like, 7 years.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#167 Post by rubber chicken »

Oh interesting, Sunhala was also used in Charlies Angels. That is indeed the home from Novel Connection, and it is in Kahala. Here's a post about it.

It was also the home of Victor DiGorgio in The Ugliest Dog in Hawaii, episode 1.8. And Sam mentioned awhile ago that it was also used in (at least) two Hawaii Five-O episodes, season five's V For Vashon: The Son, and V For Vashon: The Father.

It's house #21 in this article about the most expensive homes on Oahu.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#168 Post by J.J. Walters »

The Anderson Estate was also apparently used in another Murder, She Wrote (gasp!) episode, Season 11's "Death in Hawaii" (1994). Keep an eye out for it.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#169 Post by Doc Ibold »

James J. Walters wrote:The Anderson Estate was also apparently used in another Murder, She Wrote (gasp!) episode, Season 11's "Death in Hawaii" (1994). Keep an eye out for it.
Go away Lansbury! Leave Magnum and Hawaii alone!

:lol:

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#170 Post by rubber chicken »

Interesting, did someone email you that info James? Death in Hawaii aired on October 16th, 1994, so we'll be able to see what the estate was like six years after Magnum P.I. I think that's the only instance after Magnum that we know of.

I'll get it when possible, season 10 of Murder She Wrote has already been released so season 11 should be out in the not too distant future.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#171 Post by J.J. Walters »

rubber chicken wrote:Interesting, did someone email you that info James? Death in Hawaii aired on October 16th, 1994, so we'll be able to see what the estate was like six years after Magnum P.I. I think that's the only instance after Magnum that we know of.

I'll get it when possible, season 10 of Murder She Wrote has already been released so season 11 should be out in the not too distant future.
Thanks RC. Yeah, someone emailed me about it. They were "pretty sure" it was used.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#172 Post by Sam »

I found this comment posted on "Thomas on Islands" web page under "Magnum PI Estate From Above"

"we were there yesterday,(14 Aug 09) the grounds are undergoing some repairs, the main house has a section being refitted, the boat house also looks like someone is doing some renovations."

It's been roughly 2 years since her Step Mother died,hopefully she received an inheritance.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#173 Post by N1095A »

Hey Sam, have you seen zillo.com? They have real estate values. I'm not sure if that's the one you've used in the past, but their prices seem a little low. For example, the estate is listed here:
http://www.zillow.com/homes/map/41.dash ... Hawaii_rb/
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#174 Post by Sam »

Hi Mike,
Earlier this year I posted the Zillow report and I believe that was about the price.Steve mentioned that the last time he saw the price it was 6.5.I don't know the real estate market on Oahu but I do think it's undervalued for a three acre property on the ocean.Here is a non-ocean lot,under a half acre in the Kahala neighborhood for 2.8.If both were for sale and I had the money it would be an easy choice. :) :)

http://www.choi-realty.com/2909117

MrMoustache
Commander

#175 Post by MrMoustache »

Ok i have a question about the estate. in the coda of the red faced thespian Thomas is talking to Higgins outside of the guesthouse and behind Thomas is a a parking garage where several cars, in including the Ferarri are visible. my best guest from the picture and the show is that this area of the estate should be a large grassy field. Anyone know anything about that?

also, has anyone noticed the large number of times several of the same vehicles are shown, even with in an episode? I can't recall which one, but there was a brown volkswagen cabriolet that was in about 5 different places in the same episode!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#176 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think a lot of things like that (brown VW) are probably stock footage. I'm sure some of it was probably even used from 50 but I can't confirm that.

While on the topic of the Estate who, besides me, would like to have even a week long access to Robin Master's wine cellar? I can't even begin to imagine to wonderful wines I could drink.

Henry Lewis
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#177 Post by Henry Lewis »

There are new photos of the estate in the Black Orchid forum, page 2 and 3. I took them last week and Sam posted them for me.
TM: Hey Henry, how about a little one-on-one?
HL: One-on-one with who?
TM: With me.
HL: Oh come on, you gotta be kidding.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#178 Post by J.J. Walters »

Henry Lewis wrote:There are new photos of the estate in the Black Orchid forum, page 2 and 3. I took them last week and Sam posted them for me.
I'm going to post them here also, as this is where they should be (so nobody misses them). Again, fantastic pictures Henry! :) What kind of camera did you use?
Henry Lewis wrote: Image

PhatCat
Admiral

#179 Post by PhatCat »

I can't wait to visit there someday. Great photos!

Bill

Dewey
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Gate house

#180 Post by Dewey »

I wonder if I could live in the gate house? Man would that be cool! Thanks for the photos. I email this stuff to my nephew who is stationed in Hawaii. I dont know if he checks any of this stuff out, he probally just thinks Im his crazy old uncle