Collecting Magnum Stuff

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

Revell Model of the Ferrari on eBay

#31 Post by SelleckLover »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnum-P-I-TOM-SELL ... dZViewItem

Click the above link to see a Revell Model Kit of the Ferrari up for auction right now on eBay.

Baseball only lasts a summer, however long that summer lasts. ~ Magnum to Mad Buck Gibson

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#32 Post by golfmobile »

Interesting! The car goes for under $20 but TC's helicopter goes at $51.

On another collective, the "licensed" Magnum shirt, I emailed the seller who has offered a couple of these on eBay over the last few weeks. He has them online at his virtual store (www.alohashirtshop.com) for $54. I was hoping, with eBay, to spend less than that (and, drat it all, I missed out on a used one that ended at $18.27 Used Magnum Shirt), so I asked the seller if he was going to offer any more on eBay. He emailed back that he was not because "they aren't bringing enough on eBay" (the two he listed ended at $43 and $33 [I would have gone higher on this one if I'd known he wasn't going to offer them again], if I recall correctly). I think he must misunderstand eBay -- one doesn't list things for sale there trying to get the retail price -- I'd say the majority of bidders are looking for bargains if it's a modern, accessible, and not-in-high-demand object. Apparently Magnum's shirt is NOT in that high a demand, unless it was one you could prove TS ever wore (hey, here's an idea: If you're ever going anywhere where you might meet TS, take a shirt along and ask him to put it on for a minute -- THEN you'd have something to brag about)! But if anyone ever spots another one on eBay for a good price, let me know, if you aren't interested yourself. I still want one but I can't justify spending $60 (probably, when you add shipping).

golf

eegorr
Vice Admiral

#33 Post by eegorr »

This may be the most interesting item I have ever seen offered on eBay: :shock:
Magnum PI Tiki Print

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#34 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, I love that one! The Jack Lord one is pretty good, too.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#35 Post by golfmobile »

Those are the most clever tikis I've ever seen! But I'm disappointed it's just a print -- I want the wooden idol/tiki!

Also interesting is that the Magnum one is $95 and the Jack Lord one is only $20.

Now if the artist ALSO did one for Higgins, Rick, and TC -- that would be the set to get, wouldn't it?

golf

eegorr
Vice Admiral

#36 Post by eegorr »

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#37 Post by golfmobile »

eegorr,

I hope it fits you too, but I think it's the wrong one (the "official" one has parrots sitting on the palm branches):

Official Magnum Shirt Pattern

At least you didn't pay a lot for it. I still can't bring myself to spend the $60 on the real deal. So for a lot less, I got a "substitute" too:

Almost a Magnum Shirt

Part of the reason I'm reluctant to pay the $60 is that the shirt is 100% cotton, and I fear that will wrinkle too much and fade when washed a few times. I really like the feel and lasting color of the Hawaiian shirts that are made of the rayon challis. If the true Magnum one were that fabric, I think I'd break down and buy the shirt.

By the way, the Magnum tiki print has dropped from $95 to $20 -- on eBay again.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#38 Post by golfmobile »

Well, I also got a red parrot shirt on eBay:

Red Background Magnum Parrot Shirt

So now I'm a happy camper -- one "rare" one and one "iconic" one.

Who here has the Larry Manetti book? I do, and it appears to be out of print now and available only for a hugely inflated price, per amazon.com. Starting at $55 and going up to $200 (!?!?! -- I wonder if the guy asking $200 is getting that price -- doubt it . . . .). Guess I'll hang on to mine a while -- maybe by the time I die, it'll really be a collector's Holy Grail. But it really wasn't THAT good -- too much Larry Manetti and not enough Magnum, IMHO. But then I didn't pay a lot for it -- or I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. But I did enjoy reading it on my trip to Hawaii in early 2005. I kept expecting someone to say something to me on the airplane, noticing I was reading it. But no one did . . . . Philistines . . . .

golf

P.S. There is another red background one on eBay now:

Magnum Shirt on eBay

I am currently high bidder, but I certainly don't expect to stay high bidder -- not at the current price-- and I bid only in the event that the other one I did win went too high. So if anyone is interested, feel free to outbid me. I seriously doubt this current one will end at my $10.50 price!
"Portside, buddy."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

TC's van by Revell

#39 Post by golfmobile »

I just spotted this on eBay. I didn't know Revell made TC's van too! Now it would be fun to get the Ferrari, the MD500 AND the van. Wouldn't that make a nice arrangement?

Wait, are there action figures for the cast?

TC's Van

But wouldn't TC be p*ssed that Thomas' name is on the side of the van!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

#40 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

eegorr wrote:This may be the most interesting item I have ever seen offered on eBay: :shock:
Magnum PI Tiki Print
Good likeness. :lol:
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

action figure?

#41 Post by golfmobile »

To quote Higgie-Baby -- OHHH MYYYY GODDDDDD!!

Magnum and Ferrari

Check the PRICE on that baby!! Now I REALLY need to win the lottery! This is what I'll get after I buy an MD500 helicopter painted like TC's.

golf

P.S. Another picture of it:

Figure

What's with the belt above the pant waist at the back? :shock: Trying to make Magnum into an electrician??? And that AWFUL, FAT fanny!!
"Portside, buddy."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#42 Post by Doc Ibold »

OMG, There's a GI Joe guy of Magnum

(OK, I know there's not a "GI Joe" version, but still, you have the idea).

Anyone who would pay $795 for that is nuts (yes, I paid $51 for a Magnum script). Magnum doesn't even have a foot!

Look how dented that thing is!

Obviously not mint.

I had the action set with the battery powered "Bigfoot" Ferrari, but sold it years ago. (Yes, I'm dating myself)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#43 Post by golfmobile »

Okay, the gauntlet has been thrown down! I have GI Joe somewhere downstairs. I'm going to go find it this weekend, paint its hair and eyebrows, paint a moustache on it, and make an Hawaiian shirt and short-shorts for it! Pictures soon!!

:lol: :o :D :shock: :P :? :wink:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#44 Post by SelleckLover »

There's someone that has a GI Joe looking Magnum action figure that tries to sell it on eBay every once and a while. This person, too, wants way too much for it, so it never sells. The figure is wearing the parrot shirt, short shorts, and tube socks. HUH? When did we ever see Magnum wearing socks with his shorts??? This person is obviously not a fan.....LOL It also comes with a handgun. :)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Work in Progress

#45 Post by golfmobile »

Okay, guys (and gals), keep in mind this is a work in progress. I still don't have a model Ferrari for a prop, but I tried to turn a GI Joe into Magnum -- far from perfect, but then I had to work with what I had on hand. When I get more outfits made for him and acquire other props, I'll take more pictures. This is all I have for now, just today's work.

golf
"Portside, buddy."