Stuff That Reminds You Of Magnum

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jaybird
Admiral

#31 Post by Jaybird »

Ferrari 308 GTS for sure. Hughes 500D. Anything associated with the Detroit Tigers. Rolex GMT Master wristwatch. Everytime I go to Hawaii I am reminded of the show, especially on the windward side of Oahu. Sometimes I think that I am just stuck in the 80s!

Jaybird
Admiral

#32 Post by Jaybird »

Aha! I was watching an episode from season 7 and there on the wall of the estate was a mounted wild boar's head! Just so happens that I have one that I shot in 1981 on the Big Island and it's hanging on the wall of my garage. I may have to move Boris into my office. It never dawned on me that the series used one for a set decoration. Now, whenever I see it, I'll be reminded of the series!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Steve »

While at The Grocery Store today, I heard Tom's Florida Orange Juice commercial played over the Store's intercom system. It definitely put a smile on my face and helped make a task I hate to do much more tolerable...........

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#34 Post by N1095A »

I was watching Lost season 1 last night, and Tom's Orange juice ad came on. I'm really suprised he didn't get more voiceover work. There's a reassuring quality about his voice that just makes you trust him.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by MACattack »

Thanks for the reply, Agatha! I actually have plans to visit Washington someday, and I'm glad you don't live in Alaska. It's too cold for Magnum or his fans! I'm sure Higgins or Agatha wouldn't mind the cold.

I actually live on Maui for 1 month a few years ago, but I definetly want to live there permanetly. The big island (Hawai'i) is my desired location.

I have another question for you. Are there mountains where you live? Besides being a surfer and sailer, I also enjoy hiking and camping.
I just don't give a damn!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by MACattack »

I thought of another thing that reminds me of Magnum. Back in '89, I visited Honolulu with my mother. It was less than a year after the last episode of MPI. Well, I was in the International Market Place with my mother and my younger sister. I wandered off and got lost. I was 13 at the time, but anybody can get lost in that marketplace! Well, I must've wandered around for at least 2 hours before finding my distraught mother. The whole time I felt like I was in a MPI episode. It was erie!

DanielFrazão
Lieutenant

#37 Post by DanielFrazão »

As a matter of fact, I always remember of Magnum on Tuesday nights. Cause here in Brazil, when I was a kid in the 80's, Magnum P.I. was broadcasted every Tuesday nights. I was an 8-year old kid, drinking soda in front of the TV and wishing I was a P.I with a big moustache and a red Ferrari! *laughs*

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#38 Post by Agatha »

Oh, yes, MACattack!

We have the Olympics up in the Northwest corner...the meadows up at Hurricane Ridge are right out of "Sound of Music!" And the Hoh Rain Forest is up there, too. We have Mt Baker at the North end, Mt Rainier in the middle and Mt Adams down by our border with Oregon...another state with lots of outdoor activities. Each of these mountains is surrounded by a National Forest and there are National Forests that don't have a mountain, too. The Rockies cut our State in half from North to South so we have a long stretch of the Pacific Crest Trail. We have ocean beaches along the coast...and beaches along Puget Sound. LOTS of hiking/camping opportunities! Check out a couple of these sites...

http://www.washington-hiking-advisor.com/

http://www.destination360.com/north-ame ... hiking.php

http://www.trails.com/findarea.aspx?state=WA

http://www.vtrail.com/

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by Miss Q »

I have a story that reminds me of TS, not Magnum but Jesse Stone....

I am having a rabbit problem, they have infested my neighborhood... on the ride home I was considering (fantasizing) about buying a small caliber gun to 'plunk varmits'.....
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#40 Post by MACattack »

The Cheech & Chong movie "Nice Dreams" has a really good sub-plot parody of MPI. There's a detective named Noodles who looks like, dresses like and acts like Magnum. And he's played by Tim Rossovich, and old college roomate of Tom Selleck, and he also starred in the bar scene of 'Resolutions'. 8) :D

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#41 Post by Tom_Magnum »

I saw someone driving a black 308 GTS Ferrari one day, and said "Hey, that's Magnums car!"

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by MACattack »

Yeah if KITT and the ROBIN 1 had a kid!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#43 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

On another note, I always think of TC when I drink my orange Gatorade after I run.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#44 Post by Italian Ice »

Actually, I went to a pool hall a few months ago. I don't go often, but it reminded me of Hololulu Lulu's. I just had a thought, smiled a bit and shook my head side to side for a second....
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by MACattack »

Ever time I knock back a beer, I think of Magnum ordering a Coops at the King Kamehameha Club and putting it on Robin Master's tab! 8)