Are you a member, Robins Nest Photographer?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

higgybaby1
Lieutenant Commander

Are you a member, Robins Nest Photographer?

#1 Post by higgybaby1 »

I was on google and i found a site by some random magnum fan and he took great shots of the estate..he also seemed to know the facts as dictated in his captions about the history of the house...Are you a member of this site or does anyone know this guy?
OH MY GAWD!

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#2 Post by grapeshot »

How about a link so the rest of us can see it, too.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#3 Post by IslandHopper »

I don't know if this is the site that "higgybaby1" was talking about, but I found a site with some very good pictures of the estate (Robin's Nest), tidal pool, TC's pier, etc. The site is:

www.pbase.com/goislands/2002_10_01_flight_mpi.

This web address will take you to a site with several thumbnail type photos of Hawaii. On the right of the page you will see a thumbnail for Magnum P.I. There are some great photos, both ground level and aerial photos. Hope this helps.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Vanity »

There is also another set of pics of Robin's Nest made by a member of this site named MacEnsteph.
You can find the pics he's posted on this following link
http://flickr.com/search/?q=magnum&w=94942176%40N00
I know what you're thinking...

Flounder
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#5 Post by Flounder »

I made some pics back in 2005 - you can find them here. If you click through the album you'll find some more pics from different locations. Nothing spectacular - but I had a lot of fun walking in TM's footsteps ;) I have a lot more stuff I taped with my camcorder.

Cheers,
Flounder

frog480
Lieutenant Commander

#6 Post by frog480 »

There a link the first set on the main MM page.

I wonder if anybody ever asks permission for access to the grounds to take photos of the angles we know, from Magnum. OTOH the place doesn't look so well maintained as it did on TV, so they may be a little sad.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#7 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hello Flounder and frog! Welcome to MM! Glad to have you here.

Flounder, love those Magnum pics! I especially love the closeup pics of the pavilion at Waialae Beach Park, which was used as the setting for the King Kamehameha Club beach bar! Awesome! Thank you! :D

Again, welcome guys!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Flounder
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#8 Post by Flounder »

James J. Walters wrote: Flounder, love those Magnum pics! I especially love the closeup pics of the pavilion at Waialae Beach Park, which was used as the setting for the King Kamehameha Club beach bar! Awesome! Thank you! :D
You should have seen me how I took them ... it was quite a challenge to get there :lol:

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#9 Post by SelleckLover »

Thank you Flounder for sharing your pics with us! =)

Magnum! You're clad only in your undershorts. Even for you, I find that attire a trifle casual. ~J.Q. Higgins

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#10 Post by J.J. Walters »

Flounder wrote:You should have seen me how I took them ... it was quite a challenge to get there :lol:
Really, why? I thought it was a public park? Or do you mean, it was a challenge to get to Hawaii?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

frog480
Lieutenant Commander

#11 Post by frog480 »

Flouder,

Some nice photos there!.

James,
Glad to have found such a great Magnum website.

I might have some photos of Leeds castle (Robins Keep), from some years ago, I had no idea it was used in Magnum when I visited!, I'll see if I can find them.

:D

Waltstasz
Admiral

#12 Post by Waltstasz »

Thanks for sharing the pictures! 8)
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

Flounder
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#13 Post by Flounder »

James J. Walters wrote:
Flounder wrote:You should have seen me how I took them ... it was quite a challenge to get there :lol:
Really, why? I thought it was a public park? Or do you mean, it was a challenge to get to Hawaii?

It was no prob to get to Waialae Beach Park - we did a bike tour that day starting in Waikiki and ending at Robin's Nest - and then back to Waikiki. That was the challenge *g*

But it really was a challenge to take the pics from The Outrigger Canoe Club since it was anything but easy to get there ... but I was so keen on seeing that :)