Island Hopper T Shirts

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#16 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Bill,

According to logosportswear their items are digitally printed. I know for a fact they aren't screen printed. They do look a little thicker, but they do not look like the stuck on vinyl. I'm not sure about other board members, but I am pleased with mine.

You are correct about Magnum's tanks. The one with the worn look was a 44 and the newer looking one was number 14.

PhatCat
Admiral

#17 Post by PhatCat »

Thanks! I've been wanting one of those for a long time.

Bill

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Coops »

What's the difference between King Kamehameha & King Kamehameha #2?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#19 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The only difference is the positioning of the logo. It is a little lower on one versus the other.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Coops »

Ok, thanks!

I would really like to see a t-shirt that just had a bit white Team Cross on the front of it. Sort of an official secret "MPI fan club member" t-shirt!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#21 Post by IslandHopper »

Coops wrote:Ok, thanks!

I would really like to see a t-shirt that just had a bit white Team Cross on the front of it. Sort of an official secret "MPI fan club member" t-shirt!
I think I saw one of those shirts on cafepress.com.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Icepick
Admiral

#22 Post by Icepick »

Could you imagine if we had a big meet up and everyone was wearing an Island Hoppers t-shirt :lol:
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#23 Post by IslandHopper »

Icepick wrote:Could you imagine if we had a big meet up and everyone was wearing an Island Hoppers t-shirt :lol:
I have two, and I'm wearing one of them right now. 8)
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#24 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Coops, if someone could get the artwork we could set it up on the site. I know someone also mentioned Cafe Press. If there is one on there already maybe we could post a link.

Also, what would everyone feel about an official Magnum Mania t shirt? We could have people submit designs and vote for the one we liked best, or have another method of choosing? What do you guys think?

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Miss Q »

Hmmm, when you open the ladies choices it lists the tshirt as 'Juniors'....

is this for ladies or girls??.... makes a difference
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#26 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

These are women's shirts. I don't know why they would list juniors but here is their description of the shirt:

Bella® Juniors Short Sleeve T-Shirt Details
Style(s): BNR-6000
Adult Sizes: Small (0-4), Medium (4-8), Large (8-10), Xlarge (10-12), XXLarge (12-14)
A traditional crew neck in a fashion-fitted silhouette. 5-ounce, 100% ring spun combed cotton; set in cover stitched neck, cover stitched sleeve and 3/4" bottom baby hem, side seams for shape retention.

I hope this helps you out.

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by MPS »

I don't know if this will help, but I found some links to Bella Juniors shirts online. This one might be the most informative:

http://store.smashwireless.com/bejucapslt.html

I think they gave a pretty true size estimate for the Island Hopper shirts. When is a size 8 ever a large? It's a medium (or sometimes a small) other places. When I ordered mine, I made the assumption that they ran small and bought a bigger size. :)
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Miss Q »

the sizing seems to run small....

XXL is only a 12-14..... usually 12-14 would be a size med-large, XXL is normally a 22-24.

I hate to be a pest but is there another brand that maybe sizes more accurately???
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by MPS »

Miss Q,
I agree, their sizing seems to run small. I think that they were telling the truth for their shirts. If you wear an 8-10, buy a large...at least I hope that's what the size chart meant. Who knows, one of my daughters may get an Island Hoppers shirt.. :?
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#30 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I know some of the ladies wanted the option to where this style t shirt would be avaliable. I checked and this is the only brand, in this style, that is avaliable for what we are doing. I know we have a several regular t shirts, a fitted men's t shirt, and three fitted women's shirts. We are very close to running out of design options, and I would like to keep those open for other shirts we may want to try and design (Magnum Mania, Coops, Old Dusseldorf, etc). I really am trying to accomodate what everyone wants, but this is about as much as it can be narrowed down. I hope everyone understands, and I want everyone to get the Magnum shirt they want.