It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 19%  19%  [ 16 ]
7.5 (Decent) 20%  20%  [ 17 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 19%  19%  [ 16 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 84
 Post subject: One More Summer (2.17)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:51 pm 
Founding Father

This is the official MM thread for One More Summer (2.17). All discussions and reviews for this episode should go here. If you wish to rate the episode, please do so with the poll. The avg. score will be the official 'community rating', which will be used on the episode page (updated monthly).

This thread is also linked in the episode page of the Episode Guide.

Original Air Date: 2/11/1982
When an old Naval Academy friend, now a quarterback in the pros, is nearly murdered, he asks Magnum to go undercover at his football team's training camp to protect him. Magnum's job is made all the more difficult by the strenuous workouts he must endure in training camp!

Last edited by J.J. Walters on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:36 pm 
Founding Father

This episode is so bad, it's almost good in a campy sort of way!

Supposedly, Pat Morita is in this episode, but I blinked and missed him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:43 pm 
Maniac Emeritus

Pat Metro, James!

He gets tossed in the pool at the beginning of the episode!

(I actually look forward to this one when it comes up in my "rotation")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:14 am 
Founding Father

As a big football fan, I wanted this episode to be good, but it just didn't work for me. It seems like all the football scenes were a letdown (and with Magnum and T.C., it could have been so much better). Dorsey, a 5'9" Pro QB, was a Navy grad?! He looks like he just stepped out of a Pepperdine frat party, or something! Pat Morita gets top billing yet barely utters two sentences. The story was lame and predictable. And Dick Butkus can't act. There, I said it! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:16 pm 
Maniac Emeritus

Yeah, but it is kinda cheesy.

Sometimes I just need a stupid Magnum episode once in a while.

LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:53 pm 
Master Flub Spotter

In an earlier Thread discussing our favorite and least favorite episodes, I picked this episode as one of my all time least favorites. As Doc said, this episode is cheesy. The basic plot is okay, i.e., Magnum protecting an academy buddy, but that is where the good ends. Dorsey seemed way to immature to be an Annapolis grad. He also seemed way to young to be an ex-teamate of Magnum. In one of the early scenes at the pool party, Dorsey is making out in plain view with the wife of the character played by Pat Morita. C'mon.

This episode seemed to remind me of one of those crappy football movies (or TV episodes) that were made in the '70's. You know, the movies where they have goofy names and uniforms, because they were not allowed to use NFL team names. Not to digress, but there were some pretty good football movies made in the '70's, which are not included in the aforementioned category, such as "The Rocky Blier Story", "Something for Joey", "Brian's Song" and "The Longest Yard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:57 am 
Founding Father

Just saw this again recently. It's still a disappointing episode, IMHO. Again, where the heck is Pat Morita!?? :?

There is one really cool scene at the estate, however. There is a wonderful zoom out "Crane shot" of the estate, with Higgins talking to Zeus and Apollo about what he's going to do that night with Magnum not around (he thinks he'll be happy, but he soon realizes he'll actually miss the "big guy" and probably be bored). The camera (facing the main house) starts somewhat close in on Higgins and Zeus/Apollo, then slowly "zooms out" while elevating up and away from the main house. In the final pause, a fantastic view of the estate grounds can be seen, with Higgins and Zeus/Apollo barely visable on the lawn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:48 am 
Master Flub Spotter

James J. Walters wrote:
Just saw this again recently. It's still a disappointing episode, IMHO. Again, where the heck is Pat Morita!?? :?

I haven't seen the episode in a while, but Pat Morita can be seen at the beginning of the episode at the pool party. The party, I believe, takes place at his house. He makes a toast to the team or something, and I think the players throw him in the pool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:54 am 
Maniac Emeritus

IH,

You are correct. Thats pretty much it for Pat in this episode.

I wish they could have used him a little bit more, but we have to remember that this was his "Arnold" phase and pre Mr. Miyagi.

Had he been utilized in an episode 2-3 years later, I'm SURE he would have been more prominently featured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:37 pm 
Rear Admiral

As a Brett Favre's big fan, I was delighted by this episode with Magnum as a QB !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next