7.5 (Decent) 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 56
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

This is the official MM thread for Echoes of the Mind (2) (5.2). All discussions and reviews for this episode should go here. If you wish to rate the episode, please do so with the poll. The avg. score will be the official 'community rating', which will be used on the episode page (updated monthly).

This thread is also linked in the episode page of the Episode Guide.

Original Air Date: 10/4/1984
It's double trouble for Magnum when he finds himself falling for sexy Diane Dupres, only to discover that her seductive twin sister, Deidre, claims that Diane is a paranoid hysteric with a history of attempted murder. Unsure of who to trust, Magnum must find out which of the sisters is telling the truth as he encounters one bizarre twist after another about Diane and Diedre's true identities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

I think this ending is even more shocking than the Ivan scene in "Did You See the Sunrise?", and it packs a bigger emotional punch. Gutsy stuff for 1984! I tell ya, you can really see the talent and future star quality of Sharon Stone in this episode. Watching her in the original broadcast, you just knew she was going to be a big time name in showbiz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:26 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Yea, I remember watching this one when it originally aired. Sharon Stone was not only beautiful, she was a very convincing actress. She has to be one of the best guest stars of the series.

Its funny to me that even though I remember much about this episode from watching it in 1984, I totally forgot about Higgins and Father Paddy. It was watching the DVD that reminded me about that fabulous story line.

John hillerman was a terrific actor. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:07 pm 
Master Location Sleuth

Well I finally found Agatha Chumley's home! It's right here (center most house), in the Nuuanu Valley, same as the Queen Emma Summer Palace from Forever in Time (8.5), the second location of the KKC, and the Jennifer Chapman & Brice Harcourt house from Tropical Madness (2.7).

The first screenshot is from Mad Dogs and Englishmen (6.14), the only other episode where her home is seen.
Image Image

I'd be embarrassed to guess how much time I spent searching for the house. I stopped looking months ago, and then just a few days ago I had a hunch it was in this valley and within five minutes I had found it. :roll: And I had looked here before. I think the thing that threw me off was the mountains fading away in the background of the second picture above. That made me think the view was looking southwest, but it's actually north east (so I concentrated on the wrong side of the street), where the mountains drop away to the Nuʻuanu Pali lookout. Anyway, since I finally found her home, I'm glad I won't have to think of Agatha as "the Chuminator" any longer, bless her heart. :wink:

By the by (as Higgins would say), I believe this concludes the location search for the homes of the main cast and recurring characters. (Those characters whose homes we're shown.) Correct me if I'm wrong, and we've seen the home of another recurring character not listed here. The list is pretty short, Magnum & Higgins is obvious, then in addition to Agatha in the Nuuanu Valley, there is...

Rick in Kuli'ou'ou (just north west of Hawaii Kai)

TC on the North Shore

Carol in Kahala

Icepick in Kahala - location one and two

Last edited by rubber chicken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:11 pm 
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

Rubber chicken, I am amazed you can find this stuff! I think you are the one true private investigator on board. Maybe Magnum could use to do some of his dirty work like he does with TC and Rick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:19 pm 
Master Location Sleuth

hehe, thanks IKnowWhatYoureThinking!

Well, I know I could at least "run down" an address like Rick runs down a license plate. But then again, if it were the 1980s, I wouldn't have the internet and I'd loose all of the tools of my trade, so to speak. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:09 pm 
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

Wow! rubber chicken! You sure have a talent there. I can barely find dwellings I've lived in and places where I actually know the neighborhoods on Google Earth!! How you do it just from a screen capture or two is amazing to me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, great job rubber chicken! This calls for a chicken dance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:12 am 
Fleet Admiral

Awesome work Rubber Chicken! Thanks so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:53 am 
Lieutenant Junior Grade

John Hillerman is AMAZING in these episodes.

"Higgy Baby" is such a gentleman!