It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 28%  28%  [ 16 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
7.5 (Decent) 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 58
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:14 pm 
Fleet Admiral

While certainly not one of the most memorable or superb episodes of the show...I still think this one's interesting and kind of different than a lot of the rest. Good plot, good underwater action, perfect ending...I still think this one's an enjoyable one for the season! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:17 pm 
Founding Father

Higgins: "...T.C. is indeed a man of exemplary character."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:32 am 
Commander

J.J. Walters wrote:
Mark R.Y. wrote:
We MUST have an audio file of the painter's "Whoa-oh-ohhh" in the last scene. Low humor, but I laugh myself silly at it! :P

A little late, but I've finally added this to the Audio page. Absolutely hilarious! Would make for a great ringtone. :)

http://magnum-mania.com/Audio/whoa_whoa.wav

And I'M over a year late, but I thank you. So wonderfully silly! :lol:

Btw, count me as one who likes this episode, despite its predictibility. I love the insights into the friendship of these four guys. I also like TM's view concerning prayer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:08 am 
Admiral

zebra3 wrote:
3. ONE FOR THE FLUB PAGE BABY!
When driving out in Maui, Higgin's Mercedes is shot. A bullet penetrated his windshield. In the second shot of the car hitting a tree, half of the windshield is gone. After hitting the tree, the second half shatters.

Good one, but Higgins is not driving a Mercedes. Could we call this a metaflub?

Since we mention Higgins, there is something strangely incongruous every time Higgins utters the words "TC" or "Ice Pick" in any episode. It's like hearing him say "That's dope, bro!" or something like that. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:36 pm 
Commander

imo this was a good, not great episode. somewhere in the middle (or slightly below) of the pack.

i did very much like how higgins shows concern and caring towards tc, and how he "justified" going to the hospital by saying that he was on his way to a yacht club meeting. i also loved that it was higgins telling tc story after story that bought him out of his coma, perfectly fitting way to do it.

one thing that i found odd was doc ibold talking to rick about "decisions being made" regarding tc. it hadn't even been two days since he went into a coma, seems a little early for that, especially considering tc wasn't on life support.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:07 pm 
Admiral

[quote="lutherhgillis"]Did anyone else notice the vertically challenged man in the hospital waiting room when the guys go for coffee? He is standing in front of the drink machine. Is this the same guy that worked with the sumo wrestler in the tropical Madness episode? They looked similar.[/quote]

What is "vertically challenged"????

Post subject: Re: Under World (5.5)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:33 pm 
Admiral

I think the discussion of the chopper going down to 90 feet is creative writing. We saw the pier very close to TC when he was going down, so that means he crashed into the water in close proximity to the pier... and as someone else suggested, he could have even tried to land on the pier. Well, I went to Google Earth and zoomed in on the pier... right near Rabbit Island. The satellite picture of that area allows you to see the entire bottom of the channel from the shore to Rabbit Island, and there can't be any water there that's anywhere close to 90 feet deep.

I'm also wondering, if Magnum was correct about Gerald contacting TC's family and getting so much information from them about TC, that he didn't find out the real names of TC's brother so he wouldn't use a wrong name. Seems to me that a plan as thorough as the bad guys had would have made sure they got a brother's name correct.

If you have the DVD of the fifth season, there's a flub in one of the quickie scenes while the menu's on the screen. There's a scene where Magnum is driving down the street from left to right and he's driving the car from the right side of the car as if he was in England. Obviously a case of flipping the film over from front to back... mistake or intentional?

Agreed about so many of the mistakes, flubs, inconsistencies that were pointed out, but I still liked the episode, mainly because of the closeness of the four main characters, and their genuine concern and affection for each other. To me, the whole series is about the relationship between Magnum, Higgins, TC and Rick, and not the particular adventures they have.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:24 pm 
Majordomo of Magnum Mania! & Vulgarian Visigoth

"Agreed about so many of the mistakes, flubs, inconsistencies that were pointed out, but I still liked the episode, mainly because of the closeness of the four main characters, and their genuine concern and affection for each other. To me, the whole series is about the relationship between Magnum, Higgins, TC and Rick, and not the particular adventures they have."

Couldn't agree more!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:59 am 
Fleet Admiral

I like how the last 2 minutes of this episode turned into a 3 Stooges short. Lots of fun!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:12 pm 
Fleet Admiral

lutherhgillis wrote:
Did anyone else notice the vertically challenged man in the hospital waiting room when the guys go for coffee? He is standing in front of the drink machine. Is this the same guy that worked with the sumo wrestler in the tropical Madness episode? They looked similar.

Yes, not sure how many episodes he appears, he is credited in two episodes on the IMDB but many people seem to pop up in numerous episodes as background actors.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1914325/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next