It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 18%  18%  [ 10 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 18%  18%  [ 10 ]
7.5 (Decent) 32%  32%  [ 18 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 57
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:05 pm 
Founding Father

This is the official MM thread for Professor Jonathan Higgins (5.13). All discussions and reviews for this episode should go here. If you wish to rate the episode, please do so with the poll. The avg. score will be the official 'community rating', which will be used on the episode page (updated monthly).

This thread is also linked in the episode page of the Episode Guide.

Original Air Date: 1/10/1985
It's marriage and other forms of mayhem when Magnum investigates a shady investment scheme and Higgins must make a Cinderella out of his punk-rock cousin before she marries the heir of an old Hawaiian family.

Last edited by J.J. Walters on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:13 am 
Master Flub Spotter

I didn't remember seeing this episode prior to watching it on DVD, however, it is one of my favorites from season 5. TC does another one of his over-acting bits while posing as an IRS agent. He seems to do this whenever he is playing a role in one of Magnum's schemes. I'm sure this is intentional, but I wonder why the writers and directors had TC overact in this way during these situations. It's funny, but it is often so unrealistic, you know there is no way he's going to pull off the ruse. The Kramer character in Seinfeld would act in a similar manner when he would try to pull a con on someone, i.e., A.J. Pennypacker, Dr. VanNostren, etc.

Flubs for Professor Jonathan Higgins:

1. After Sally arrives she, Higgins and Agatha go into the Study. Sally is wearing very heavy make-up and fairly dark lipstick. As Higgins is explaining to Sally that Timothy's family will never accept her as she is, she is wearing the dark lipstick. Magnum comes barging into the Study and when Sally gets out of her chair to talk to Magnum she does not appear to be wearing the dark lipstick anymore.

2. When Magum is searching through Frank Ohmar's files and papers on his desk, the guy in the light blue sports coat catches Magnum and wrestles with him and they make their way out of the office and into the parking lot where the guy in the sports coat fires at Magnum several times and the gun sounds as if there is a silencer attached to it, however, the gun does not actually have a silencer. Later, when the same guy fires at TC as he is posing as an IRS agent, the gun which appears to be the same gun as before, sounds like a typical unsilenced gun firing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:41 pm 
Founding Father

Ah, more good flubs! Thanks IH!

Below average episode for me, but I like the attempt at a Pygmalion tie-in, with Jonathan Higgins playing Henry Higgins. It's also amusing to watch Jillie Mack (TS's wife) play an English punk rocker!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:25 am 
World Class Private Investigator

The second time TM picks the lock on on the building which houses Frank Ohmar's office, he appears to do it correctly. He uses two hands, with what appears to be a pick and a tension wrench. Ususlly when he picks locks, he works the cylinder with one hand and just a pick, which in reality is impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:51 pm 
Founding Father

That is a GREAT note N1095A!

So there's Magnum, picking locks incorrectly year after year, until one day, out of the blue, we see him working a lock correctly, with a tension wrench! :shock:

"How bizarre, how bizarre"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:13 am 
World Class Private Investigator

I'll have to pay extra attention to later episodes to see how he does it. I thought it was weird too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:37 am 
Captain

This is a good episode!
The opening scene where Magnum collects the mail is one of my favourite scenes! :lol:

Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:21 pm 
Founding Father

I simply must know what kind of car Agatha drives...

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 pm 
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

If my memory serves me correctly, I think Agatha's car might be a Rambler, made by American Motors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:06 pm 
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

The Studebaker Lark also had that rather squarish shape. Can you post any more pictures, James?

golf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next