For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rick66
Lieutenant

Larry Manetti and Wife host new CRN 1 Radio Program

#1 Post by Rick66 »

The Lounge with Larry and Nancy Manetti

The Lounge with Larry and Nancy Manetti
CRN Digital Talk Radio announced today that the “Magnum, P.I.” star and his wife will host “The Lounge with Larry and Nancy Manetti.”

The one-hour talk show premieres on Tuesday, June 6 on the network’s CRN 1 channel.

Mike Garey will co-host and produce. Courtney Kadera serves as executive producer.

“The Lounge” is a franchise of daily entertainment-themed radio programs originating on CRN Digital Talk Radio. Hosts rotate daily and include actor Robert Conrad; actor and NFL legend Fred Dryer; and radio personalities Michael Horn and Erik Hines.

The Manettis hosted “The PM Show with Larry and Nancy Manetti” on CRN Digital Talk Radio from 2011-2016. The program frequently featured weekly guests from the Manettis’ circle of Hollywood friends.

“The Lounge with Larry and Nancy Manetti” will showcase a format different from its “PM Show” predecessor. A heavier emphasis will be placed on show business stories and discussions about other topics. Cooking tips and other tidbits from Nancy Manetti will also become show staples.

“We are ecstatic to have Larry and Nancy Manetti back as part of CRN’s ‘Lounge’ series,” said CRN Digital Talk Radio CEO and President, Michael J. Horn. “Larry’s stories and humor will dazzle the audience.

“His inside look at the entertainment business makes for a fascinating show,” Horn added. “Nancy’s infectious energy and personality make them a fun, inviting couple to which people enjoy listening.”

Larry Manetti is perhaps most famous for his starring turn alongside Tom Selleck in the long running hit “Magnum, P.I.” He portrayed “Orville ‘Rick’ Wright,” a playboy who managed an exclusive club – and also happened to be a weaponry expert.

He was series regular on “Baa Baa Black Sheep” (also known as “Black Sheep Squadron”) – which also starred fellow CRN personality Robert Conrad. Manetti has recurred in more than a dozen other television series, including his most recent turn as “Nicky 'The Kid' Demarco” on the CBS hit “Hawaii Five-0.”

Manetti is the author of “Aloha Magnum,” the first-ever book about “Magnum, P.I.” The tome also chronicles Manetti’s experience as a restaurateur, his work with Frank Sinatra – and how he “annoyed Elvis Presley and helped launch Michelle Pfeiffer's career.”

Nancy Manetti has acted in over two dozen television series. She recurred on “Magnum, P.I.” and “Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.”

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Larry Manetti and Wife host new CRN 1 Radio Program

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

I haven't caught this yet, but I did listen to the show Larry and his wife did with Selleck as a guest and wow . . . it was a bit of a rough listen. Selleck was great and energetic but Larry sounded off and a little slow. I'm hoping he just wasn't feeling well that day or was distracted, but I felt bad for him listening to it.

It reminded me about what people say about staying active and to keep working, it keeps you young. Tom sounded young, Larry didn't.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04