S.O.N.S.

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: S.O.N.S.

#16 Post by KENJI »

Hi Steve,

I'm still watching and I agree it was a nasty season.

I knew Gemma was going to die for her sins, too many were killed because of her cover up and they couldn't let that go unpunished. I thought Otto had it bad in prison, but Juice was right behind him (actually there were a few guys behind him too :shock: :wink: ). Poor Bobby....now that was nasty!

I think Jax will die OR will either have a major limb cut off (i.e. leg) for murdering the other SONS President. They mentioned the term mayhem and I'm wondering if a member from each chapter takes part or Jax's chapter has to do the dirty work to save face with the other chapters. Kurt Sutter likes to make a gory statement so it won't be quick!
Last edited by KENJI on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

Other thoughts....
Assuming Jax does die, I would like to see Able (either present age or older) at his father's grave either wearing the SONS ring that Gemma gave him or placing it on Jax's gravestone just like Jax did with his rings on John's grave.

I think Wendy and the boys will stay at Nero's farm.

I wonder if Kurt has something planned for the bag lady that appears on occasion.

I hope he doesn't kill off the entire Charming chapter......leave it open for a possible sequel!

Jax wanted a bylaw removed from the club. I wonder if they will remove the color barrier and let the Grim Bastards join the SONS.....just a guess....they are dropping like flies so they need new recruits soon!

Jax asked Gemma if she still had one of John's manuscripts/journals and she said yes. I'm wondering if he will give it to his boys along with his own journal that we see him writing in.

What are your thoughts?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Steve »

I think you are right on all predictions especially about the final shot being af Able. They wouldn't have had such a terrible actor (or actors as they use twins for small childrens roles) if he didn't play a big part in the final (I actually thought both Gemma and Jax would die at his hands). If Sutter doesn't somehow explain the "homeless/bag lady" that keeps appearing for no apparent reason there are going to be quite a few upset fans. I tried about five episodes in to add up the body count and couldn't even keep count........... 8)

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:I think you are right on all predictions especially about the final shot being af Able. They wouldn't have had such a terrible actor (or actors as they use twins for small childrens roles) if he didn't play a big part in the final (I actually thought both Gemma and Jax would die at his hands). If Sutter doesn't somehow explain the "homeless/bag lady" that keeps appearing for no apparent reason there are going to be quite a few upset fans. I tried about five episodes in to add up the body count and couldn't even keep count........... 8)

Able killing Gemma was on my radar too but not Jax. If he killed Gemma, it would've been another great way to create a sequel years down the road. Able follows in his father's footsteps with his first kill before he hits 1st or 2nd grade.....a natural born killer. Lets hope that Tara will get her wish and the boys get out of Charming before they are pulled into gang life anymore and past the point of no return. I agree with you on the twin actors who play Able....they are terrible! At first I thought they must be related to Sutter to be that bad and still get the part, but it appears not. On a few occasions he has a great evil look in his eyes that is similar to Jax's look, but for the most part I think they dropped the ball with who they picked for that character.

I agree on trying to keep a tally on the body count.....way too many....let just say more than enough and call it a day.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#20 Post by ConchRepublican »

I am EXTREMELY late to the party on this but I just watched all 7 seasons in about a month, the final episode ended less than 1/2 hr ago.

Wow did I miss out on something special when it was on. What an incredible show. There aren't many shows that I felt in my chest when they ended, but this was one.
Steve wrote:I think you are right on all predictions especially about the final shot being af Able. They wouldn't have had such a terrible actor (or actors as they use twins for small childrens roles) if he didn't play a big part in the final (I actually thought both Gemma and Jax would die at his hands). If Sutter doesn't somehow explain the "homeless/bag lady" that keeps appearing for no apparent reason there are going to be quite a few upset fans. I tried about five episodes in to add up the body count and couldn't even keep count........... 8)
I take her to be the woman who was killed in JT's accident.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:I am EXTREMELY late to the party on this but I just watched all 7 seasons in about a month, the final episode ended less than 1/2 hr ago.

Wow did I miss out on something special when it was on. What an incredible show. There aren't many shows that I felt in my chest when they ended, but this was one.

Wow, I bet you are right!!! Good job...........I sure was wrong on my Able predictions though........How about Walton Goggins as the Transsexual prostitute, Between Justify, Sons, Vice-Principals, and SIX that guy has become one of my favorite actors!

ConchRepublican

#22 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:I am EXTREMELY late to the party on this but I just watched all 7 seasons in about a month, the final episode ended less than 1/2 hr ago.

Wow, I bet you are right!!! Good job...........I sure was wrong on my Able predictions though........How about Walton Goggins as the Transsexual prostitute, Between Justify, Sons, Vice-Principals, and SIX that guy has become one of my favorite actors!
According to Kurt Sutter she is Jesus Christ. I did notice bread and wine visuals in the last episode .....
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#23 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:

I gotta say, he did a great job. I am not familiar with the actor, never saw any of the other shows, but wow . . . he did a great job. I wasn't sure if it was an actual transsexual actor or not . . . they did an excellent job expanding his role into what it became.

And Tig . . . well . . . there's not much one can say about Tig, but I do think this is the coolest piece of merchandise I saw associated with the show.

I have also become a huge fan of the music. Going through my S.O.N.S. withdrawal I downloaded two of the soundtracks and have been listening almost constantly. I made a playlist and included some Zwarte Band, Whitey Morgan and the 78s, Ryan Bingham and Mellencamp's Rough Harvest stuff . . . they blend well.

Gotta see if the Forest Rangers will be on tour this summer . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#24 Post by ConchRepublican »

FX has picked up the SOA spin-off, Mayans MC, expected to air fall '18.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sons-of ... 202654094/

I guess we'll have to wait a while for that First 9 mini-series.

https://www.inquisitr.com/3105701/sons- ... mayans-mc/
CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:FX has picked up the SOA spin-off, Mayans MC, expected to air fall '18.

I had heard about the Mayans spin-off but not about the First 9. Should be cool it's just too bad Gemma is dead though. I always thought there may be a whole story about Able as he grows older as he sure did witness some horrific things in his life so, perhaps his character will be involved with the spin-off. How about the blurb about Scott Glenn as Clay instead of Ron Pearlman. I love Scott Glenn and actually would have loved to have seen that....

ConchRepublican

#26 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:FX has picked up the SOA spin-off, Mayans MC, expected to air fall '18.

I had heard about the Mayans spin-off but not about the First 9. Should be cool it's just too bad Gemma is dead though. I always thought there may be a whole story about Able as he grows older as he sure did witness some horrific things in his life so, perhaps his character will be involved with the spin-off. How about the blurb about Scott Glenn as Clay instead of Ron Pearlman. I love Scott Glenn and actually would have loved to have seen that....
Scott Glenn as Clay? I didn't see that?

That would be interesting and a very different take on the character. Perlman's size adds to his menace, Glenn would be more along the lines of Sonny Barger, founder of the Hells Angels (who played "Lenny "The Pimp" Janowitz BTW) and would give off a totally different vibe.
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#27 Post by ConchRepublican »

CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Steve »

Should be interesting, I will be watching. FX has such a great line-up of shows over the years going back to; Lucky, Sunny, The Shield, The League, Sons, Justified, Fargo, Louie, Archer, Baskets, Atlanta, Better Things, Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll,,,,,and I am sure I am missing a few..........