6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 146

kademan100
Ensign

#61 Post by kademan100 »

I'd like ti know why the Navy was spying and gaining intelligence on Magnum from the very beginning. As in, what did Ivan's being in Hawaii have to.do with Magnum, and why was the Navy concerned?

.45caliber
Lieutenant Commander

#62 Post by .45caliber »

I believe Col. Greene says something about intel finding out about a Russian operation named "Reunion", taking place during the Japanese visit and that the name Magnum had come up.

Tanner68
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#63 Post by Tanner68 »

The TV Cartoon Archer does an homage to the final scene.
It is epidsode 3.9, The Placebo Effect.

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

Re: Did You See the Sunrise? (1) (3.1)

#64 Post by Sisophous »

TC lands his helicopter on the estate and Higgins goes crazy. TC takes Magnum out to sea, 6 miles, to get a workout paddling back on his surf ski. TC sings "Got a Date With an Angel" while flying back, what incredible scenery of the island and cliff side estates. The six plus minutes video here I think is among the very best in the entire series. The personalities of Magnum, TC and Higgins are at their finest. The aerial footage is tops too. Here's the video:

After turning on your speakers/audio, open the video link below, select 480p quality and the middle size video is best.

http://youtu.be/6BVxK8kSQwE

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by charybdis1966 »

ITV4 (in the UK)is currently showing MPI however after Three minus two they have gone straight to "Ki'is don't lie" - it seems like the censors on ITV have deemed this episode as politically unsuitable.

What a shame.

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#66 Post by charybdis1966 »

As a follow up to the above post it seems ITV4 have been airing Season 3 out of sequence and Did you see the Sunrise ? was shown this week.

Also unlike DMAX(who aired MPI a few years back in the UK) who cut away from TM before he fired the shot at Ivan, it was shown in full, so top marks ITV4 for showing it, even if they muddled up the sequence.

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by Milton Collins »

Fantastic episode! Encompasses everything this show was about. Couldn't have a better ending either, I enjoy seeing TM's dark side as he blows Ivan away. Ivan was one of the top few villains of the whole show, pure evil at it's core. I just watched Apoclypse Now for the first time and have to say how many similarities I recognized from Magnum Pi. As acclaimed as that movie is that says a lot about how authentic and realistic Magnum Pi portrayed Vietnam. Great way to start out season 3 which quite possibly might be the best season over all in my opinion.

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by Milton Collins »

Watching this one for the first time in a few years. Ok the dude on the telephone pole who reports back to colonel Green is so clearly the guy who plays Doc Ibold it's not even funny lol. I'm not trying to rip on the show (obviously love it to death) but I completely enjoy finding the bit actors who play very different recurring roles.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#69 Post by terryfromkerry »

Milton Collins wrote:Watching this one for the first time in a few years. Ok the dude on the telephone pole who reports back to colonel Green is so clearly the guy who plays Doc Ibold it's not even funny lol. I'm not trying to rip on the show (obviously love it to death) but I completely enjoy finding the bit actors who play very different recurring roles.

Hi Milton

If memory serves me correctly the man on the telephone pole was actor /stuntman Robert F. Hoy aka Bob Hoy. :magnum:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by Milton Collins »

terryfromkerry wrote:
Milton Collins wrote:Watching this one for the first time in a few years. Ok the dude on the telephone pole who reports back to colonel Green is so clearly the guy who plays Doc Ibold it's not even funny lol. I'm not trying to rip on the show (obviously love it to death) but I completely enjoy finding the bit actors who play very different recurring roles.

Hi Milton

If memory serves me correctly the man on the telephone pole was actor /stuntman Robert F. Hoy aka Bob Hoy. :magnum:

Just googled it, your right!!! Good spot, I stand corrected lol:)

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#71 Post by terryfromkerry »

Milton Collins wrote:
terryfromkerry wrote:

Hi Milton

Just googled it, your right!!! Good spot, I stand corrected lol:)
Cheers Milton ,

I always enjoy your posts. My first western series as a kid was " THE HIGH CHAPARRAL" . Bob Hoy was one of the regular cast members. I always loved westerns and he featured in many ( Bonanza , The Virginian ,etc back in the day). You are spot on about about the lesser or bit part actors making several appearances on MPI. Bob Hoy was in 4 MPI episodes between 1981 & 1986. :magnum:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#72 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Hi Milton and welcome!

If you click on the "Magnum Mania" banner at the top of any Forum page it will take you to the Magnum Mania homepage. From there click on "Episodes" at the top, and you will find the Episode Guide page with detailed info about each episode, including actors.

Have fun! :D

~RG

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by Milton Collins »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Hi Milton and welcome!

If you click on the "Magnum Mania" banner at the top of any Forum page it will take you to the Magnum Mania homepage. From there click on "Episodes" at the top, and you will find the Episode Guide page with detailed info about each episode, including actors.

~RG

Hey Thanks! That will help me on my hobby of spotting character actors (especially the repeat ones!)

Brad

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Milton Collins wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Hi Milton and welcome!

~RG

Hey Thanks! That will help me on my hobby of spotting character actors (especially the repeat ones!)

Brad
You're welcome, Brad! I enjoy scanning the "extras" in the background to find the repeats.

Lance Mannion
Lieutenant Commander

#75 Post by Lance Mannion »

So I just re-watched one of my favorite TV Drama Episode's of all time ... The above entitled (It blew my socks off, as a kid) ... Sorry, if this has been addressed already, but is the Japanese Ambassador shown, John Hillerman - AKA "Higgins" ???

And who here, really thought TM would "waste" Ivan, in the final scene - Esp. When they first saw it ? ... In today's Military, the term is usually "reduce" ... (Not saying or implying, Ivan did not deserve it in spades) ... But it was what is was, AND what did they do with the Driver ? He heard the shot, and could easily ID Rick & his car (according to "Buck" there were only 14 of them on the Island ... )

LM