Higgins' Bridge on the river Kwai

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

bbert73
Lieutenant

Higgins' Bridge on the river Kwai

#1 Post by bbert73 »

Hi Everyone,
When I was a young teenager, it seems like I can remember Magnum blowing up Higgins' "Bridge on the River Kwai" that he made early on from match sticks. Magnum used minature explosives and one of those boxes that they used to use, where you pull up on the handle coming out of the box and then you push it down to blow up the explosives. Anyone know what episode that was?
Thanks,
Billy

Waltstasz
Admiral

#2 Post by Waltstasz »

The episode is Paper War from Season 7.
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yup, one of the best episodes of the entire series! A real classic!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

bbert73
Lieutenant

#4 Post by bbert73 »

Thanks guys!! After reading the details and quotes of the episode, it came back to me. That WAS a good one! I guess thats why I can remember it after all these years. I can't wait to see it again!
Thanks again! :)

grundle
Admiral

#5 Post by grundle »

The episode where he built the bridge is "Did You See The Sunrise" from season 3.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yup, and in The Big Blow, Magnum steps on it by accident, crushing it like an apartment building in a bad Godzilla movie. ;) Or was it Higgins, I can't remember now!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Danno »

Argh! I've not got to Season 7 yet!
Spoilers! :lol:
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by grapeshot »

HAH! that episode was just broadcast on WGN this morning. I stopped watching Magnum somewhere in about the 5th season, so I had never seen this episode. It had me giggling all the way through. What a treat it is to see Magnum episodes for the first time ever.

I can see why people say that the seventh season is one of the best. The writing has vastly improved.

Don't worry that now you've been "spoiled" for this episode. There's a LOT of neat stuff in it.

grundle
Admiral

#9 Post by grundle »

James J. Walters wrote:Yup, and in The Big Blow, Magnum steps on it by accident, crushing it like an apartment building in a bad Godzilla movie. ;) Or was it Higgins, I can't remember now!

"Oh my God! Magnum, what is that ghastly thing that you are watching?"

"It's called 'Destroy All Monsters.' It's one of my favorite Godzilla movies."

"I can't for the life of me begin to see what in bloody blazes it is that you Americans see in those things. For goodness sakes, Magnum, it's just a man in a cheap rubber suit stepping on plastic models and setting off cheap firecrackers designed to look like explosions. But I suppose to someone who considers a corn dog to be a gourmet meal, a film such as that would appeal to one's tastes."

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#10 Post by N1095A »

James J. Walters wrote:Yup, and in The Big Blow, Magnum steps on it by accident, crushing it like an apartment building in a bad Godzilla movie. ;) Or was it Higgins, I can't remember now!
It was Higgins. Followed immediately by "OH MY GOD!" as I recall.
"But Higgins, I can explain."